Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Your Account is Your Responsibility
Started by [E] Sequel_Sentry

As an avid reader of the ban appeals section, I can tell you that at least 60% of the appeals at one point use the excuse: "It wasn't me, my _____ did it." The process of how they got on varies from there. I'd say that around 20-30% of these appeals are actually legitimate, and almost none actually get time removed because of it. Why is this? It says it in the rules which YOU agreed to read before you joined.

Your account is your responsibility.

So if it happened on your account, it's your fault. So here's my advice to those using this excuse:

A) If you actually let someone else play on your account and this happened, state this, but still take responsibility for it. This will make the process go much quicker.

B) If you didn't actually let someone else play on your account, you're not getting around it either with this excuse. Admit you did it, too. Lying inevitably increases ban time.

If you want to avoid stuff like this happening, you can either:

A) Watch them like a hawk while online.

B) Have them play on single player. I've had young cousins over before who might do that stuff, I just have them go on single player and times are never easier.

Although I do have to admit, I've never had friends who deliberately broke rules to get me in trouble, I can see where you are coming from; BUT, you can't just let it happen, or you'll have to face the same punishment as if you did it. Keep this in mind and you can have a perfectly good time on MT.

~SS
Have friends play on single player and delete the server of your multiplayer list so they would need to know the IP to get on.
And please .. Your friends wont learn all commands in one day... -.-