Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] What types of houses would you guys like to live in?
Started by Unknown User

Hey guys, as some of you may have gathered by now I am designing a new town to hopefully be built in new world. I have finally decided a theme, it will be magical. It will have stunningly beautiful buildings and gardens, lovely houses and lots of facilities. But I have one problem. I don't know what to make the houses out of, the first thing that comes to mind is stone's, bricks, smooth, etc. but it has a very hard feel to it, not that nice to live in. Wood has a nice feel but won't fit into the theme of the town (which will be made of stone's) wool has the same problems as wood. I really dont know

So I have decided to ask you guys!

Vote for which you think I should make the houses out of

If i was building a magical town, i'd use stone, but why not add things like netherrack and glowstone?

You could use abstract materials seeing as though it's a magic town!

Say, stone bricks, stone, glowstone and obsidian?

Just a thought <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I would like to keep to one main mat such as stone then have afew others that I could add detail with such as netherbrick and stuff. Thanks for input
Out on the country side.

Fortified household buildt with shipping containers. Outside decorated by bricks, while the inside by wood. At the entry of the house there will be a little courtyard where we can stay during nice weather if under siege with a garrage to park the cars which will be used for scavaging withing the close towns. Farming areas outside, and make the surrounding area of the house have broken, rusty cars and other scrap things to make it abit scrapyard-ish look both for the purpose of it looking abit barren, and give some basic defencive possisions for the ones outside the fortified walls. Have a few towers with balistas fiering homemade wooden bolts at any approceing enemies.

The entery will have to gates sepperated by a space big enough to fit a car incase we need to inspect for any enemies/zombies holding onto the car.

Just now i relize you ment in minecraft, and not my future house wich would be able to withstain an zombie appocolypse or a breakdown of the global ecconomy..
A square one.
-_-
POTATO POTATO POTATO
It'd be good if you could have statue of a mage in the city holding say a golden goblet of fire? That'd be awesome <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I think I will have that, in the centre of town.

Maybe my skin... (see below)
Oh god yeah! That would be awesome!

Hows about someway to get inside it?

You could turn it into somesort of attraction/shopping place?

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>