Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] why do you play minecraft?
Started by Unknown User

A hypothetical question. Why play minecraft. What makes it better than other video games. Please answer in comments. I am collecting data.
also does anyone make money off of this server.
.. I mean, Minecraft is a place where you get be creative and just do whatever you want. It's a world full of unlimited potentials. You can build your dream house, build a nice bridge, make a functional farm, become an apiculturist, become a miner, create your own garden, explore biomes and cavern, own a ranch, build a castle, or maybe even own a killing chamber of some sort. There's no rule saying how you should play the game.

And no, the donations and funds go towards the Server. It's to keep the server running, not profiting anyone.
You can do a lot of things in Minecraft you have unlimited possibilities
For someone that has been playing survival/sandbox games for more than 10 years these are my reasons:

1. Survival element - Minecraft lacks it after you get the hang of the mechanics, tips, tricks and exploits, but you can have fun with it. Especially till your first diamond tool/weapon

2. Creative part - make your own world . For me, in minecraft, I'm at the medieval stage.

3. Make friends - Reason I came to Minetown. People are here, in a big majority, filled with nice, friendly, funny and mature people. And I speak this about the admins too. And that sexy beast Everrius too.

4. Exploration. Although, I don't like the fact that MT has such a small world (in my opinion), exploring old builds or simply fly around different biomes, caves, end, nether, find some dead body will loot floating around.

5. Challenge - One of the key part of MineTown / Main server - Economy. It's a challenge, it's pleasing and also easy when building something. Life of a trader isn't easy. You can ask, ABB. He knows better.

Then, it's the challenge to outdo yourself. In redstone mechanics, designs of houses, survival, list can go on and on.

6. Memories. Singleplayer / Multiplayer. Memories will always be left here. You never know the day when you will leave for "good". And come back and see what you built, what was left behind, what other generations of minecrafters has risen from simply punching a tree.

7. FUN. Mate, whatever floats your boat. If you have fun in a dirt house or a castle, in a chill server like Minetown or anarchy server, that it's all about.
I play for you, Cos. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>
pray* you mean? xDDDD
Only when Beely ain't around. >:}
Why play minecraft? Well, why play any game? It is entertainment. Like the others have mentioned already there are many things to do in this game, from its short and vague story/plot to the gameplay mechanics that have been evolving for years as more and more content has been added to it, to the multitudes of different multiplayer communities all with different values and goals. You can play alone if you want, you can play with family and friends or even complete strangers online. You can help out with builds or plan events, you can engage in roleplay which is literally playing a game within another game as a medium, you can invent an entire world the way you want it, you can even make a legitimate computer out of redstone by building computer logic systems. You can download pre-built custom adventure maps that have stories and puzzles in them some are completely vanilla, others require mods.

Minecraft gives you tools and resources and doesn't tell you what to do with any of them. It's all up to you and your imagination from there. There's a reason why people keep comparing it to Lego blocks. People may joke about this but it is essentially a similar concept in some ways. Just digital.

Personally, I am an on and off casual player. I will occasionally play a lot for a week or two then go dormant for quite some time, because life and interests are an everlasting rollercoaster. I played a lot more minecraft back in late 2011 all the way through 2013 before slowing down significantly.

As far as I can recall MineTown was never a for-profit community and all the proceeds go into paying for the server equipment and paying the bills related to it assumedly. So maintenance, electricity, internet and whathaveye. The reason this server was made was ultimately for entertainment and has survived a decade through dedicated work as well as support from players new and old. As long as there are people willing to keep putting in the work and support it should still be here for years to come.
Well these are amazing examples. But Hirobrian I know more about roleplay than anyone here and the economy roleplay on minetown is the exact reason I love it so much <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>. And I agree with most of the things posted here as well.