Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Checking logs for Vanilla griefs [Poll]
Started by [E] BumpyBob0007

The poll isn't really about staff having an advantage. We'll try to reduce the advantage that staff would get from using that as far as we can. This is really about the way you want to play vanilla. If you want to be able to grief someone without being detected and if you want the detective stories about who did what, then you should vote yes. If you want staff to be able to act as some kind of police that can resolve who did what for you then you should vote no.
This isn't main's replacement, the server is meant to be temporary and I'd like to have fun on it while it's up, what fun is it to grief someone when 2 mins later they're point fingers at you, there's no detective work in that. Figure out who griefed you on your own on a server where we're supposed to have the bare minimum of plugins. Knowing who/what blew up your house isn't part of vanilla!
A lack of accountability (Being able to find who did something) would turn Vanilla into more of an anarchy server. Just because something like griefing is allowed doesn't mean you shouldn't be caught and tried in the court of public opinion. Being able to tell a victimized player who griefed them is a service to the player, and isn't the same as spawning a level 127 pick for personal use. Saying it's "staff aboose!" is false equivalency plain and simple.
If you get caught doing then yeah your ass is gonna get smacked cause you weren't sneaky enough, but no matter how sneaky you are the logs will catch you, and that's not fun! why be creative with griefing if you're just gonna get caught anyways, why even grief at that point? Why even play on Vanilla? or on Minetown at all?
If griefing is allowed then it is just a waste of time and serves no purpose other than harassing the griefer... Seems like it not only wastes staffs time it creates even more issues of harassment to be dealt with. Basically using logs to punish people for doing what they are allowed to do...
That's the thing Irethena, it isn't "having an advantage over others" As bumpy stated, we as staff can tell who ever was griefed who did it- no matter who it was that did the griefing. Im pretty sure there isn't an advantage when everyone can use that.
@16706962 wrote:
That's the thing Irethena, it isn't "having an advantage over others" As bumpy stated, we as staff can tell who ever was griefed who did it- no matter who it was that did the griefing. Im pretty sure there isn't an advantage when everyone can use that.

What's the point of allowing griefing when people as a whole can find out who did it and harass the person via /tell, oir have fights in global like earlier today? I am not down for drama. It's vanilla, it's allowed, we should leave it at that or not allow griefing at all and have it be a second Main server.
To further my point - knowledge of exactly who griefed led to one of the worst fights I have seen between staff in global. It'll lead to nothing but drama and I really think we can be better than that. Please, either allow griefing and not check logs or don't allow griefing at all. We're better than this.
@1151854 wrote:
To further my point - knowledge of exactly who griefed led to one of the worst fights I have seen between staff in global. It'll lead to nothing but drama and I really think we can be better than that. Please, either allow griefing and not check logs or don't allow griefing at all. We're better than this.

Honestly, as being there I can get behind this- Yes, being able to tell who did what would be a blessing, but further thinking and this argument leads me to believe it might not be such a good idea...

Im starting to agree, lets keep vanilla as vanilla as possible.
@16706962 wrote:
@1151854 wrote:

Honestly, as being there I can get behind this- Yes, being able to tell who did what would be a blessing, but further thinking and this argument leads me to believe it might not be such a good idea...

Thank you for seeing another side of it! That's really all I personally ask <3