Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Checking logs for Vanilla griefs [Poll]
Started by [E] BumpyBob0007

As staff, we have access to coreprotect logs on Vanilla. This poll is about whether or not staff should check logs when a player griefs something on Vanilla. The grief is allowed, but the log checking is so the player being griefed knows who did it.

There has been some confusion, as on the previous Vanilla we checked logs for griefing freely. However, some people feel that is unfair, and that it takes away from the vanilla experience. We want to know what your thoughts on this are. By answering yes in the following poll, you are saying that staff should be able to check logs when a player is griefed on vanilla, even when that grief is legitimate. In this scenario, we will let anyone know truthfully who griefed them, even if was a staff member doing it. Meanwhile, by answering no, you are saying that staff should not check logs when a normal grief occurs. In this scenario, staff will only check logs when viewing an inappropriate build or a suspicious death.

Please fill out the poll quickly, it will close in 24 hours.
Doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of Vanilla to be able to check logs for griefs? Vote no.
Vote for accountabiity and prevent players from being allowed to terrorize others unchecked, vote yes!
This is vanilla, so no.
Problem is, yes, if someone griefs me, I wouldn't mind knowing, but it also could be use against me. I know I know, don't grief if you aren't prepared to be greifed back or let the others know, but that's my opinion.
ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone griefs my house I want to know who did it. I don't think that is cheating. It is accountability.
Vote yes if you want me to start hunting down and destroying the guilty.

Vote no if you want me to construct a safe haven for the innocent.

The choice is yours. Choose wisely.
I'll just do both anyways...
@7092931 wrote:
Vote for accountabiity and prevent players from being allowed to terrorize others unchecked, vote yes!

Vanilla may not be an anarchy server, however players are allowed to pvp and grief. If people wanted accountability they should just play on Main.
@1152292 wrote:
@7092931 wrote:

Vanilla may not be an anarchy server, however players are allowed to pvp and grief. If people wanted accountability they should just play on Main.

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. On Main, players are held accountable and punished accordingly. Staff should not be able to abuse their powers to find out who did something to them, which this comes down to. We can't fly, god mode, or have a Level 127 pickaxe anymore so why should we have an advantage over regular players, who can't find out unless they make a ticket?