Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PVP Server Rank Names & Prefixes
Started by [E] sawine

Hey,

I know some of you were concerned by the donation pack names and prefixes on the PVP server, so I'm making this poll to know what's the community opinion about the rank(donation) names and prefixes.

I know some of you suggested that we should keep the current ranks but apply them to a KDR (kills/deaths ratio) system, so that you get higher rank prefixes when you are more skilled at fighting.

That would be a nice thing to do, but it's a bit harder to make than it appears. We would probably need to have a custom plugin written to do it and would add an extra tag in front of names, depending on how we choose to proceed.

Currently, factions prefixes are disabled because two plugins we are running conflict with each other and make the display look messy. We plan to eventually bring them back, so your name and your rank would be prefixed with your faction name.

So, for the moment, there are different way we could proceed for the ranks, and I would like to hear your opinion about these:

Examples for the poll options below: (Factions prefix are included in the examples even if they are disabled ingame at the moment)

Choice 1: When you donate for soldier rank you obtain the following prefix and color ingame: ACoolGuy

(regular player would display as: ACoolGuy )

Choice 2: When you donate for soldier rank you obtain the following prefix and color ingame: ACoolGuy

Choice 3: When you donate for $12 rank you obtain the following prefix and color ingame: ACoolGuy

Choice 4: When you donate for $12 rank you obtain the following prefix and color ingame, and considering you would have enough KDR to rank higher: ACoolGuy

(regular ranked player would display as: ACoolGuy )
Don't know if it's just me, but that is confusing xD

I'm going to read over it again before I vote...
I vote for changing donor rank names from ect into of different colors and prefixes changed as such.
Voted.

Glad that you are allowing the communities say in this sawine.
What about each donation rank having a different colour? Add the Clan name + the KDR rank so let's say a $12, KDR ranked person would be:

ACoolGuy

Normal, KDR ranked person:

ACoolGuy

Normal, non KDR ranked guy is:

ACoolGuy

So what do you think?
Coffeey wrote:
Don't know if it's just me, but that is confusing xD

I'm going to read over it again before I vote...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it any clearer.
acecreativity wrote:
What about each donation rank having a different colour? Add the Clan name + the KDR rank so let's say a $12, KDR ranked person would be:

ACoolGuy

ACoolGuy

ACoolGuy

So what do you think?

The donation packs would have different colors of course, like they have already.

Edit: Although, unlike on the main server, to have a custom name color it will be from ~50+(probably) instead of 20. Ranks under that will all have the same color name). And there probably won't be any mulicolor names like on the main server.
sawine wrote:
acecreativity wrote:

ACoolGuy

ACoolGuy

ACoolGuy

So what do you think?

The donation packs would have different colors of course, like they have already.

Yeah, so none of before the name is what I meant. Just the name being coloured depending on the rank.

What do you think?
acecreativity wrote:

Yeah, so none of before the name is what I meant. Just the name being coloured depending on the rank.

What do you think?

We could have it like this but that would remove the option to have the color of your choice at a certain donation level which some people like.
Also, I would kindof like a way for donations to travel through servers, even just a teensy bit. Especially for 100+ donators.