Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Shut Down The Minetown Bank!
Started by [E] Dylan

I was talking to some people in game and we got talking about how the currency has lowered in value. We talked about it and we think that the Minetown Bank Currency Exchange should be shut down for a while to better the value of currency!

If you agree with us please vote on the pole below!

:warning:

... I'm confused. How would Diamonds <--> Gold <---> Iron make the value of currency any different?
This wouldn't affect the value of currency.
NO_STUPID_720bd.gif
Lol thanks guys <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> but I think it would because then people cant trade the currency making it so the diamonds become more then gold
I must be the only person who still just plays Minecraft the way notch intended; mining and crafting. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

At least my game-play remains largely unaffected by economic phenomena.
DylanBryanRoss wrote:
Lol thanks guys <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> but I think it would because then people cant trade the currency making it so the diamonds become more then gold

1 diamond = 3 gold. Period. End of story. That will not change. In fact, shutting the bank down would make the currency lower in even more value. No offense but your idea is what Slurth says. There's no viability in an economic improvement. There is no problem with the economy. More people voting = more MTC in the system. More MTC = what is called a surplus. Surplus = lower value. It's all part of a healthy economic system. There is no problem with the economy in game. It's very healthy. Sure, diamond prices being at an all time low of 10 MTC IS low, however the average is still around 40 MTC across all shops, I'd say. Hell, I'm still selling at 100 MTC since candyland lowered it's business output.
lol slurth the thing you posted i think you are saying its not stupid because the cross over it ususally means its the opposite like a cigarette with a cross over it means no smoking. unless you intended to say not stupid which i dont think you did.
imthelag wrote:
I must be the only person who still just plays Minecraft the way notch intended; mining and crafting. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

At least my game-play remains largely unaffected by economic phenomena.

Your not alone

I never buy stuff unless there is no other way
mattgehring123 wrote:
... I'm confused. How would Diamonds <--> Gold <---> Iron make the value of currency any different?

With iron golem spawners and pig zombie spawners you can effectively generate diamonds because the spawners produce an infinite number of mobs which drop iron ingots and gold nuggets that can be exchanged for diamonds at the bank, and the bank has an infinite supply of diamonds. Without the bank, there is no way to generate diamonds. You have to mine them or buy at the credit shop or from other players. Closing the currency exchange would, IMHO, make diamonds go up in value.

However, I do not see the problem that is trying to be solved by closing the bank's currency exchange. We get new threads on the forums about the economy every few weeks. A lot of people see prices fluctuating, most notably the cost of diamonds in MTC and say "we must do something to fix the economy!" I'm asking, what's wrong with it? People keep making shops and people keep buying items. Isn't that the sign of a healthy economy? There is a waiting list to get shop plots in the spawn market. Nothing is so outrageously priced that it is unattainable. For example, in under a week I saved up enough MTC to buy a villager egg from the credit shop -- just by voting, doing the loot chests (except deathcube and the one where you have to pay to do it), and selling a few items to shops that have 'buy' signs. I don't even have a shop anymore.

Could someone please explain how closing the bank's currency exchange could benefit players on Minetown?