Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I am so furious right now!
Started by [E] TheGuy34

So as you all know, megaton as been trying to expand its protection for a week now. Now after having two pes denied for not having enough built. i have had my third denied. I have worked dillegently to fill 65% of the area im trying to get expanded on. But now some jerk decided to build a house 25 blocks out of my protection. so now i cant expand cause "it will be in the way of others houses"! I would be more than willing to give this guy a plot in my city but he is never on when im on. How is this ok? How can he build 25 block out of my city????? We were giving plots away for free. I need a mod to talk to this guy, like i said i will give him our biggest plot i dont care, i just dont think its fair that i cant expand my city cause one guys house. (He doent even have it protected).
Put in a PE.
Hello TheGuy34,

This is joey_dev. I understand your having an issue with someone building a house near your town your trying to expand. I suggest that you see if maybe his doors or something is /cprivated and if so you can use /cinfo to find out who owns that house. You can message him using /mail wright <player> <MSG>. If you can't then I might suggest placing a sign at his house telling him your dilemma.

Also staff members are very picky about regioning land because there have been times when they region an area and that guy never did anything with it. Minecraft maps are only so big. I suggest that you really build hard to get the out parts of the town finished that way staff can better see what your doing. Now to make it full proof just build the major parts of the town and ask it to get expanded as you build. Don't ask for land that you dont need at that moment. It's far easier to add then to shrink.

I hope everything works out for you.

joey_dev
i will try to message him. i just hate ingame messaging cause you can barley say anyhing per message. anyway, Getting protection and then not building is not a problem here. I have already built. Also i was just reading the rules and i belive he is breaking rule 4 part 3. He is very close to our well esablished city. We are closer to the edge of the map and there are plenty of wide open areas, there is no need to build this close to smeone. It seems as if poeple use our warp (cause we are far out from spawn) then walk a short distance and build. Dont even get me started on the guy who started a town 150 blocks away <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
yes i have had problems before with pepole building to close to my structures before. I just placed a wall of signs next to his house and he moved out without any trouble. I can see your problem, i have a freind in your town and so have been there a few times, its quite cool.
Haha ya it is EXTREAMLY rude to build next to a town I agree. Heck I had a town member of mine get mad at me because he was griefing our town, so I kicked him out of the town. So literally the dude built 10 blocks away from our wall and built this UGLY tower and then had it regioned. Oh I was so mad.

Yes you are correct it is against the rules to build near someone's structure aka town.

Section 4

"Do not build close to someone else's construction unless you have their approval"

That ^ is a quote from minetown.net/rules

So I would stress to the guy it's against the rules. If he fails to move it send in a pe asking a mod to manage it.

Good luck,

joey_dev