Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PVP Server donations are separate?
Started by Unknown User

Why? I donated to Minetown, and the PVP server is a part of Minetown, so why don't I have privileges on there? I would understand not having things like tpa and stuff that gives people unfair advantages, but I can't even colour my name. If they are and this isn't just a bug I'd like to know why I have to donate to the same server twice.

Also, I noticed normal MT moderators are still moderators in the PVP server. If this is the case, why do we need PVP exclusive staff? It seems like a waste of effort reviewing apps for people who could do just as well on the main server.
Hey,

The pvp server donations are separate. Yes the server is ran under the Minetown brand but there is a second owner (DynamusX) and the server is hosted on his hardware. This being said, we are splitting up the pvp donations to cover the hosting cost and other fees. The packs had to be separate from the main server packs to create a better pvp experience and there would have been no positive points for DynamusX to merge his server with us if he wouldn't receive any compensation.

The pvp server is the only server planned to have separate donations for the moment, all other worlds planned in the cluster should be included under the current packs. This concept isn't new also, a lot of servers have separate packages for each of their servers.

We are still working out the permissions and groups, some stuff will change, but some stuff is also meant to be different than on the main server. We are not aiming to create a pvp version of the main server here, but a different server experience in overall. So some features will definitively be different.

The main server moderators are staffing on it, although they are right now more active than they will be in the future (just because it's new and everyone feels like going on it) and we will need staff that will be assigned to it just to make sure it is moderated enough without overloading our current staff team. Some staff members of the "old server" were also kept in the server merge.

And we have a second application, because it's not everyone who enjoy the pvp gameplay. This server isnt whitelisted or graylisted, and there is a lot more disputes between people. The ambiance is quite different and might not be the kind of server some people could want to play on.

Cya
What would happen if the PVP world turned out like War World then. I'm not saying that I believe it will, but just out of curiosity.
Coffeey wrote:
What would happen if the PVP world turned out like War World then. I'm not saying that I believe it will, but just out of curiosity.

What do you mean more precisely ?
Like what If people stop using it eventually...
Coffeey wrote:
Like what If people stop using it eventually...

The concept is very different from the war world. There was a bunch of stuff in the war world concept that weren't good. This server also being not whitelisted will increase it's population and make a place where guests can play. I don't think war world and this pvp server can be compared.
This PvP world is quite challenging! Survival to the core.

What I was wondering: Would it be possible to get a Portal to the PvP world (much like the Event World portal) in the Minetown Main world?

Would be a nice addition for both servers, but I'm not sure if it would even be doable, seeing as the two servers are very different pluginwise.
Once the custom servers cluster software is completed it will be possible.
Once the server cluster is finished, will Minetown PVP be hosted on it? Or will it stay on it's current hardware?
Flip, I believe it stays on current hardware and joins the cluster. If that makes sense haha.

Also last night the donation packs online were broke so I couldnt see what they were, donno if fixed yet haha