Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New PVP Plugin in the main world
Started by [E] Darth Android

We're going to be testing a new PVP plugin in the main world after the next server restart, which will aim at protecting players in the overworld while allowing others to willingly engage in PVP, and to help limit cheating while participating in PVP.

First, you can choose to enable or disable pvp with /pvp on and /pvp off, or switch between the two with /pvp toggle. This setting is overridden while in the nether and in the end to be forcibly enabled, like it has been in the past.

In order to enter combat mode, both the person dealing damage and receiving damage must have PVP enabled, or be overridden by the world settings.

As soon as damage is done from one player to another, both players will be flagged for combat. While in combat, players cannot:

• /warp
  • /home
  • Teleport
  • /vault
  • Use enderpearls
  • /spawn
  • /jumpto

Combat mode will persist for 10 seconds after the last time damage was dealt - any damage while in combat mode will reset the 10-second timer, extending combat mode. While you can toggle pvp off during combat mode, it will not end combat mode early.

If you have pvp off and a player dumps lava on you or tries to light you on fire with firecharges or flint & steel, then you will be immune to that lava/fire for 10 seconds, which should give you time to leave the area if you wish to avoid combat, or retaliate-- placing lava or fire will force you into combat mode, even if you have pvp turned off.

Players using fire aspect swords or fire bows should not light you on fire or damage you if you have PVP turned off and are not in combat.

Please let me know if there are any questions or suggestions <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Are these 10 IRL seconds or 10 server seconds?
They should be 10 IRL seconds. If I say seconds, it's IRL seconds, if I'm referring to in-game time, I usually say how many ticks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I did not even know that all this was possible, so I never even asked. Especially, the ender pearls and lava. Thank you for your efforts.
Perfect! So pvp is back?
Yes !
I reckon people should be allowed to use ender pearls. I mean, if you're any good they'll be on low health/dead after they use the pearl, and they will have to chuck it kind of flat so it doesn't take to long to hit the ground, or they'd be killed before they teleported, so you can catch up to them because they'd probably hit a tree or something.
Cankles Mcgee wrote:
I reckon people should be allowed to use ender pearls. I mean, if you're any good they'll be on low health/dead after they use the pearl, and they will have to chuck it kind of flat so it doesn't take to long to hit the ground, or they'd be killed before they teleported, so you can catch up to them because they'd probably hit a tree or something.

With regular diamond armor, using the ender pearl only cuts down your health by 2.5 hearts. And thats usually not enough to kill them. Also, by the time they throw the ender pearl, they will have already started running away, making it extremely difficult to kill them.
Darth Android wrote:

As soon as damage is done from one player to another, both players will be flagged for combat. While in combat, players cannot:

• /warp
  • /home
  • Teleport
  • /vault
  • Use enderpearls
  • /spawn
  • /jumpto

Please let me know if there are any questions or suggestions <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Should "/clan home" and "/marry tp" also be blocked while in combat mode?
tomcort wrote:
Should "/clan home" and "/marry tp" also be blocked while in combat mode?

Yes! I'll add those to the list.