Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PVP Moderator Application
Started by [E] DanniDorrito

Job Description:

A moderator is responsible for overseeing others within the game, as well as within the forums. Be ready to set aside your own projects to take care of issues that arise. This will definitely have an effect in your play time on Minecraft PVP. If you think being a moderator is something to do in your spare time or it would be nice to have a position of power, please do not apply. That being said duties include...

• No age limit - Must be mature and helpful. Hint: Play the server a week or two before applying.

• Overseeing chat and making sure everyone is having fun and not abusing others or the game itself.

• Apply the rules http://www.minetown.net/pvprules

• Inventory checks to make sure no one is stealing or duping.

• Confronting people who break the rules and take the necessary actions.

• Help people!

• There are other minor duties but the overall mission of a moderator is to serve and protect MineTown PVP.

• You will represent MineTown PVP as a staff member so would need to watch how you act and speak to players.

Its frowned upon for moderators to be in factions so if you really are interested in a staff position please be prepared to not participate in factions. This is because staff will need to deal with a lot of faction problems and staff need to not be involved with the factions so they are able to form none biased opinions on the matter in hand. This has been discussed between staff and this was an overall opinion on it. If you do have a problem with this then post on the suggestions section of the forums, not here.

Please be truthful on your application. If we find out you were not truthful your application will be considered void.

(Please copy and paste the text below into a new post)
Quote:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Minecraft IGN:

2. Age

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):

4. Hours per week you play (Average):

5. How long have you been in MineTown:

6. Friends in Minetown:

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?:

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary):

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.:

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any posts other then an application WILL be deleted.

Thank you.
1. Minecraft IGN: Snowball2012

2. Age: 19

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): EST

4. Hours per week you play (Average): 20+

5. How long have you been in MineTown: 15 days

6. Friends in Minetown: sith clan.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: no

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: helped start up the corvus server and was admin on that till there were some problems with owner treating my cousins wrong.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): yes

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: i have good ethics, know the rules, familiar with basic commands, i really like the setup at minetown. i think the pvp addition is great and i would love to be a part of it. i know your staff must already be taken with all the new additions you have

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: i have years of expierience on building if ever needed( have won contests).
1. Minecraft IGN : Robertfox

2. Age 17

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT 0

4. Hours per week you play (Average): 30

5. How long have you been in MineTown: since jan 2011

6. Friends in Minetown: Meny more then i can name.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Yes i have been banned before it was almost a year ago, it was for a small bit of greiffing.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: I am currently admin on a friends server.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I think i would make a good Mod because i have been a member of Minetown for such a long time and have built up meny friendships, I am also up to date on all new plugins and commands im also a fast learner.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Well im Irish (this might cause you too look over my application but i understand)
1. Minecraft IGN: MrFlip

2. Age: 2 months until 16 (I know I know, but please continue reading)

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): EST

4. Hours per week you play (Average): Now that minecraft PVP is out, atleast 5 hours a day on school days (only two weeks left of school) 10+ hours during summer/break/weekends. That's right, 10 PLUS hours a DAY ( I know, no lifer <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> ) which can add up to OVER 70 hours in a week!

5. How long have you been in MineTown: I have been dedicated to Minetown for one and a half years, my join date being Dec. 19th, 2010.

6. Friends in Minetown: Coffeey, hunterkiller, most of the Sith faction members.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Never, I follow all of the rules.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes! I was a mod on the very first multiplayer server I used to play on a long time ago, and then an admin on another.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes, I can, and I plan on using it everyday anyway.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I have a long history of moderating various game servers. I was once Co-owner of a very successful garrysmod RP server, as well as being an admin on a second one. I was a moderator on a SAMP server I used to play on as well! I have never been banned, even after one and a half years of playing, which obviously means I follow the rules and know what to do and how to act and behave.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I have been dedicated to Minetown since Cody was the owner, I really believe I deserve a chance at moderation! I've always done my best to help the community, and I am active on the forums with, as of now, 757 forum posts. I would love to finally be able to join the ranks of the finest staff a server has ever seen. After 1 and a half years of devotion to this server, I believe I deserve a chance at proving myself to be a worthy staff member.

Thank you for taking your time to read and consider this application,

Mr. Flip
1. Minecraft IGN: vCole

2. Age: 16

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Eastern US

4. Hours per week you play (Average): 20

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Played on Blood Chaos for about 1 month

6. Friends in Minetown: xXSparta_Proxx, frasse14, IamThatDude, Straffe, misterc00lman, Hankster13, flame263

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Have and never plan on being banned.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes, I am a proud owner of a server myself seeking to aid and learn more about pvp users. An admin on another server aswell.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes, i can use Mumble.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.:I believe that I can enforce the rules more, considering I'm on EliteCraft more than the average person. I like to lay down the law, as well as PVP with friends, and help people out, when possible.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am an extremely active player that enjoys guiding and teaching people all about minecraft.
1. Minecraft IGN: Walruskin

2. Age: I am 16 years old, 16 and 5 Months if you really want precise.

3. Timezone: I am in the Pacific Time Zone. I live in Tacoma, Washington.

4. Hours per week you play: After finals (THIS WEEK) I am free all summer and next year. I am switching schools, so I will have less of a schedule crisis. I usually play between 25-30 hours a week, so I could help whenever, and could be on in a minute if I was needed.

5. How long have you been in Minetown: A week or two :/ but I'm not busy, and I am very hard working, and would love to help.

6. Friends in Minetown: Not really anyone, but then again I am pretty shy at first. I want to get to know iSoccer, he/she seems very nice, and same with the whole Minetown community.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Never been banned before, I am a loyal player.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes, I have moderated on Foxtopia, a small server but it very well tested my skills as a Moderator. I also know most of the commands for World Guard and World Edit. I am a quick whip when it comes to learning a new subject/thing.

9. Can you use Mumble?: Yes, I own it for my Macbook Pro.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I would love to help out, I think I would make a great addition to the Minetown staff, and wouldn't let the community down when it came to hard decisions. If you still question whether I would make a good mod dependent on how long I've been here, don't be to quick to judge, I will show you just how great I can be.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: If you do choose to promote me for this Job, I will try my best to keep Minetown's staff reputation at its best, and for the community, even better.

Thanks for taking your time to review my Application,

Walruskin
1. Minecraft IGN: iGACKT

2. Forum username: GACKT

3. Age: 23

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: 18 depends, I joined December 28th, 2010

6. Friends in Minetown: Oldies, you ladies know who you are.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Of course I have. First time ever was for calling Crial(DecoyGoose) a bitch, which I don't think that would count anymore, That was so long ago.

Second was for PVP off/on or something, some new plugin that I didn't know about since I was away for so long(Which I really don't like btw, who's idea was that, it's just silly.)

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Yep. I was admin on Minetown for 2 hours, anddd sawine was pissed about it 5 months later.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I enforce rules very strictly, being a good moderator isn't hard, enforce rules, follow them, do pe's, help people, etc. The staff has developed very quickly over the months since change in ownership, not only was I horribly wrong about the outcome of it, but the staff is incredible and much more organized these days. EDIT: Past events have swayed my opinion a bit that I didn't agree with, but I still love them to death, you guys do a great job nonetheless.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Don't mean to brag or anything but I'm cool, I think Jallaf is a internet thug who is too mainstream.

I love this community and the people I've come to know since I joined, I hope the server gets better and better. we will never have moments like that again. I will continue to support Mine town in anyway I can and looking forward to another year.
1. Minecraft IGN: madster456

2. Age: 16

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Eastern Daylight

4. Hours per week you play (Average): Since i'm currently on break.. up to 50+ hours on Minecraft alone.

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Since January 31st. 2012.

6. Friends in Minetown: I try to make friends with everyone! But Some main ones would be HolySm0kes, krystalin, matt, donkeyy, yield(My man ;D), coffeey, TPrezzle. And a lot more!

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: I was banned once on MT when my mouse had died and it started to derp ingame, and i accidentally broke a piece of glass at one of danni's events.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Very much so! I run my own server, and I am a mod on other servers. I know how to handle situations that may come up maturely, and get my tasks done quickly. I may mess around at times, because thats just me, But when things need to get done, it gets serious. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Of corse I can! I'm already in it 24/7 The only time you will not see me in mumble is if our power went out, or My computer turned off. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I personally think I would be a good Moderator because i know what needs to get done, and have past experience with a lot of situations. I would also like to have some fun! Being a PVPMod would just be really neat. I have been a mod/admin/owner before, But never a PVP mod, and it's always fun to try new things!

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Like i said, i run my own server. Since i do that, I know whats expected of my staff, leading me to know what sawine might want to expect from me. I may be a little nut in a nutshell, but hey, i'm Madster! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Note: I would also like to thank sawine and staff for giving this opportunity!
1. Minecraft IGN: Ikailaz

2. Age: 18

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT+1 Netherlands

4. Hours per week you play (Average): I play about 25-30 Hours a week since i got no more school and such

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Since Somewhere in August

6. Friends in Minetown:PredSpread,RobindarkRiver,Ronvandorp,And a few more

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: i got Banned 4 times ( i know shame on me )

1:Lowering/Griefing a town members house

2Stealing from sayomie chest(didnt take anything but it happend)

3: Raged @ beign thrown in a volcano

4:Said something wrong about staff member (said sorry to the person and all )

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?:

Yup... Currently running my own server that has some Small traffic,Most of the plugins(that i know of) that the pvp server is running on i am really known with .....

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes, i can use mumble

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I got some experience with the plugins beign runned at the pvp server

So getting to know them wouldnt be needed,Im always in for some fun but i can be very seriously when it is needed.

i know how to deal with ppl who Dont follow the rules and what actions would have to be taken in other kinds of problems.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

Addicted to computer games/Minecraft

Running own server to get to know plugins better /and just to have fun with other people

Furthere more i'm A nice person ( thats what i hear most of the time o.O )

GOTTA LOVE NPC'S

8416651.png
1. Minecraft IGN: revels21

2. Age: 17

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT +0 (London)

4. Hours per week you play (Average): 30-40 Hours a week roughly, depending on how much work I have. I try to split the time I am on between the main and the PVP server too.

5. How long have you been in MineTown: I have been in Minetown since late Spetember 2011

6. Friends in Minetown: Madster456, Zionia000, leogt123, ronvandorp, Barney626, Landr0, Luggious, DanniDorrito, Nickuru, Nemenix, mattgehering, Dannyboyg1, TinkieWinkieBag. These are just a few people and I try to get along with everyone!

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Yes, I have been temp-banned twice, the first time was a mistake and the second time was down to confusion and bad communication, however I understand there is no real excuse for being banned!

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes, I have run a small server for me and my friends using many of the plugins used on the server and I have also helped out and been a moderator on one other server! I haven't ever administrated on a PVP server, however I am able to differentiate berween the two and I could adapt to working on a PVP server rather than a normal server like the Main Minetown server!

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain.: I think I will make a good moderator for this server because, for one, I love PVP on Minecraft, however I wouldn't be distracted from my duties by PVP'ing and although I have never been a moderator on a PVP server before I feel that I could adapt well to the differences and I am already very familiar with the different plugins used on the server and the different rules and I feel I would be able to be fair but firm with any punishment I may have to enforce!

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I would love to become a moderator on this server because I would be a new and interesting experience to moderate a PVP server with different rules and a whole different experience to that of the main server! Thanks for reading! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>