Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New to Server, looking for info.
Started by [E] Brogar12309

Hello, I'm sorry to post a thread for this but I wasn't quite able to answer everything with the wiki.

Does this server use towny? It mentions that you have plots and towns, but didn't see what system you use.
if you do have towny, how much does it cost to make a town and what are the requirements?

Does this server use the Factions mod for plot protection? And if so, does it conflict with towny?
Is it better to start a town with Factions, Towny, or PE?

The wiki mentions you use mcmmo, but it says that it was disabled in march.
Is it still disabled? If it is enabled, what are the limitations on skills that you can use?

There is a mention of a market place, are you only allowed to create shops in the market place?
Is there a set price for every item or only the few available from the credits or admin shops?

By what method do you travel between towns?
Is there a /warp or /t spawn or a portal gate for each town?

thanks for your help,

Brogar12309
We use MCTowns.

We don't use the Factions mod for plot protection, we use world guard. You can start a new town using MCTowns but a moderator has to found the town first. You can ask this using the PE system: /pe new please found the town ***** here using MCTowns

MCMMO is still disabled.

You can buy shops in the market place and we have a strict set of rules so that items stay in stock and trading is fair, although prices can vary.

There is a warp system in place. You can type /warp list to see all warps but there are a LOT and many are personal warps instead of towns. There's a place full of warp signs but I forget where that is..
Is there any fee to create a town? and Can expand it after it is made?

This seems pretty awesome and fairly simple.

Only donators can make warps right? Or is that for the private warps (not usable by the public)?

Is there like a way to make a public warp for your town center, or do you need to donate for that?
Only staff can make warps, you have to request it using the PE system.

Warps are public by default so don't worry about that.

I don't think there is a fee to create towns, no. Just ask staff. If you want it expanded, ask again <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Any region protections - either made with WorldGuard or MCTowns - can always be extended at any given time. Just open a petition (/pe new <task that needs to be done>) at the new corner of the region or include the coordinates to where it'd need to be extended.

As far as I remember, there's no fee to create a town.

There's a fee to create a faction though (15000$). We use the Simple Clans plugin for factions.

Non-donators can have up to two warps, one for their shop and one for their town.

If you have more questions, just shoot them in the global chat, I'm sure that at least one person will answer your questions.
I tried to vote with http://minetown.net/vote but every time I try to login it kicks me back to the same screen

I used my ign, but do I also need to add my ign to my "characters" list?

If I do, how should I go about doing that. My attempts seem to have failed, lol.
We're generally a carefree server, provided players think through their actions and otherwise be responsible and mature.

You're allowed to build pretty much wherever you want that somebody else hasn't claimed. We ask that you either get permission from neighbors or put a decent buffer space between you and them (~100 blocks) to accommodate future expansions, but otherwise if it doesn't look like it's been built upon by someone else, and it doesn't tell you that you don't have permission when you try to build, it's fair game for shops, towns, parks, or other projects that might find their way into your imagination.

Protections are free for all members. The easiest way to get something protected is build it up first, and then put wool towers about 10-20 blocks out past the edge of the area and file a Petition. The towers help the staff quickly find the desired corners of the region, and makes our job easier. While there's no limit to the amount of land a player can get protected, we generally won't protect something unless there's something to protect - the usual work flow is build out a bit, get protections expanded, build out a bit further, get the protections expanded-- you get the idea.

Due to the size of our userbase, it can sometimes be a while for us to get through all the petitions - but there's no need to worry about someone griefing your area in the meantime. It's generally quite trivial for us to roll back the actions of a griefer, so even before a protection is in place, everything you build is effectively "protected".

The two types of towns we have are MCTowns, and then just towns constructed out of worldguard regions. Even then, MCTowns is just a controlled interface to worldguard, such that players can manipulate the regions without a mod's help in appropriate circumstances; a mod still has to found the town and set up the original territory, but districts and plots inside the main territory can be created/managed directly by the player and worldedit selections. The cost of creating either is free, and the only real requirements for making towns are a few rules regarding how residents must be treated with regards to eviction and other similar situations. There are some limitations with MCTowns, in that a player can only be a part of 1 MCTown at a time, but depending on the siutation we can work around that if you're wanting to start a new town after your first one and be mayor of both towns. Both types of towns are easier in different areas, so selection is simply a matter of choosing which is right for your playstyle. If you plan to sell/trade/buy towns, and be owner of multiple towns, stick to worldguard only, otherwise MCTowns is nice if you like doing things on your own without having to get the plots created by a staff member.

While the spawn area has a market place, you can build shops anywhere on the server. Since there's often a waiting list for spawn market shops or spawn market stalls, many players buy shop lots in other player's towns, and then just advertise in the trade channel to draw attention to the shops and get customers. Good shops get remembered, and if you have a warp to your shop, you can also have it added to the list at /warp shoplist. Prices can generally be whatever you want - our shop system allows you to trade just about anything, except enchanted items, which usually are sold either via forums or player auctions in-game. The credit shop is generally designed as a last resort for items that players aren't providing-- the prices are intentionally expensive, because we'd rather players sell to other players instead of players buying items that are simply generated by the server. Of course, there's items that can't be provided by other players, and that's what the admin shop is for - circle stone, desert shrubs, and other items that can be placed, but not crafted/mined. We try to have more reasonable prices there.

The main mode of transportation on this server is warps and player-initated teleports. Players who have donated $15 may request to teleport to other players, or request that other players teleport to them with the /tpa and /tpahere commands. If the other player accepts, the teleport occurs. Warps on the other hand take you to a specific location each time, and players are free to warp as much as they want. For non-dontators, we allow warps to be created for three reasons: A spawn market shop, a spawn residential plot, and the center of a town that you build. Warps for any other reason are considered 'personal warps', and require you to be a $20 donator to request them (but not to use them). These can be public or private, and you can invite any number of people to them. Non-donators can also set their /home with /sethome, so that they can easily return to their home, which functions similarly to a warp.

MCMMO is still disabled, due to some major bugs we encountered while trying to use it. I'm still not sure we were entirely happy with how it was tuned, so even if I did have the list of what it was last configured to, it can't say it would stay terribly accurate for very long.

I hope you find the server an enjoyable place to call home. :3 Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.
Awesome, yeah mcmmo has a few "bugs" in it that need to be worked out I guess.

Sad, I really liked that plugin.