Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] My story and thanks to minetown (And what's your story?)
Started by [E] HS1342

I am but a humble player of minetown but I only want to give my thanks to the minetown community, staff or other.

Once upon a time:

I was cruising between servers to find a one to start my adventure in. But none of them where any good tho, and some were just terrible. In my confusion in servers lead me to a top ten server list, where i found minetown. I went on to have a look, and what i saw that day still gives me a smile. A thriving community of players and experienced staff. I didn't even visit the quest world to decide, i was applying!

The next day i had an answer. I was accepted! And here goes my first thanks: To Grifff!

I got on, wondering where to start. When I heard a player was employing someone for a simple, fast job. So i took it, the job was to get some sheep. So i did, and then i got a little gold. But when i was walking away from there the player asked me if i wanted a plot in his town. I said yes and got a plot in a fine town called "Coolville". So here goes the next thanks to Nicilbar for selling me my first home, and learning me a little how it works here.

After my house was completed i thought, "Having a town would be nice!" i went of, looking for a good place to start my little village, At that time i didn't know what regions was so i built a large wall between the towns border and wilderness. The time i realized what regions did, and requested one. And there goes the next thanks: To Jallaf! for starting my city "HStown"

And when i made some plots the first one to live in hstown arrived: Drobac! He was to be a valuable co-owner of hstown. But deserted to another faction later (my faction will come in later)

But then i was digging a hole in the ground, thought that it would think forever, Employed a worker and here goes my biggest thanks: Palonti! After he was done, i did as nicilbar did to me, thought that he would like a plot in my little town. He was to be the greates thing ever in my faction.

During a mining operation below the ocean, Me, Drobac and Palonti started a faction: The Construct!

But now Palonti and Drobac are gone. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

So there's my story. Where's yours?

Also a big thanks to the minetown community!
Well the first server I ever played on was a small community server called Woodbridge. A lot of people from Minetown actually played there like xJacex, Gatschet and Vixen. When the server finally ran out of funds I gave up minecraft for a while because I loved the server a lot. Then the urge to play came back and I remembered xJacex talking about Minetown one time (she was a mod on woodbridge too lol). So I went and found the IP and joined to check it out.

Gatschet, the old owner of Woodbridge, was online and I said hi and we started talking, I really liked the server from first glance so I went and found a spot and started building a house. When the house was built I made it a hotel and a guy called Akeeb lived there. One day I decided to make plots beside my own house and I built some houses on them. I sold them off and made a good bit of money <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>.

With that money I could afford more materials and I built more and more houses. I decided to think up a name for my newly founded town so I thought back to Woodbridge, my first awesome server, and I remembered the awesome town I lived in: 'Adelaide'

Thus, Adelaide was formed and now It has moved locations and is better than ever <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Well, my story starts way back when.. lol. I had known about MT for a long time, just never felt like signing up(this was when i wasnt that big into minecraft)

When i started to play a little more, i started to get active on the forums. I signed up/applied on january 30th. Got accepted that same day. Since i have been on minetown, it has lead me to better things. Things that could even be future jobs. Like java and other things.

The friends i have grown with in minetown arn't just friends. They are like an online family to me. I don't just get to play Minecraft with them, i can play other games, or work on actual business related topics with them. I'm glad that minetown is my main server. Minetown is even more of a home to me then my actual server is.
Now this is a story all about how

My life got flipped turned upside down

And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there

I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In West Philadelphia born and raised

On the playground is where I spent most of my days

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school

When a couple of guys who were up to no good

Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared

And said you're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air

I begged and pleaded with her day after day

But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way

She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket

I put my walkman on and said I might as well kick it

First class yo this is bad

Drinkin' orange juice out of a champagne glass

Is this what the people of Bel-Air live like

Hmmm this might be all right

But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois and all that

Is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat

I don't think so I'll see when I get there

I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well uh the plane landed and when I came out

There was a dude looked like a cop standin' there with my name out

I ain't tryin' to get arrested yet I just got here

I sprang with the quickness like lightening disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near

The license plate said "Fresh", and had dice in the mirror

If anything I could say that this cab was rare

But I thought nah forget it, yo home to Bel-Air!

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8

And I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo Holmes, smell ya later!"

Looked at my kingdom I was finally there

To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

202530-true-story.jpg
My first server, terrible! They called it 'extreme survival', but I didnt know they meant PVP, Grief, Theft and no rules at all. I made a huge mansion, some jerk tp'ed to me and burnt it all down! Mods didnt care. After that I had a hard time finding a really good server.

Then there was MT. I liked it as soon as I started. I got lost and got stuck in the market fountian on my first day xD

I made a LOT of cobble builds. I was so scared to use good materials like wood and wool because I was afraid of grief again. Minetown is the first no-grief, no-steal server ive ever tried.

Its the best of the best.
My ex introduced me to minecraft. At first I was like 'Wtf is this crap? -_-' and stopped playing but after watching hundreds of youtube videos with my ex I eventually got back into it and decided to play multiplayer on the Yogscast server. I played alone for a while but soon started getting into towns but had to move often since griefing, killing and stealing were allowed.

I made some friends and worked on a nice town far from spawn and soon after Arvila was introduced into the town. We both worked on the town together but then friends started to leave the town and the server and it became quite an empty place, we tried leaving the town and starting our own elsewhere but it wasn't as fun any more so Arvila decided to leave the server and I asked if I could go with him <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

We looked through servers and it was Arvila who found Minetown and told me to put an application in, by the time I had come back from my holiday I had been accepted by Chester and Arvila had already found a nice spot to build and had started making us a home. We expanded it and built more which soon became the Alinor people know today. A month later I got trial mod and its been a whirlwind of the server growing and developing since ^_^

I love this server very much, I have a lot of people to thank and the community is what makes Minetown. The past is nice to reminisce about but I love the present and am looking forward to what the future brings us.

So I guess thats my story lol... I hope its been a good read for you x
What danni said <.<!
Arvaloth wrote:
What danni said <.<!

Arvilla, you accepted my application <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Friend showed me the game, played single player until beta, found minetown on the first server list, was the only one that had an actual name instead of an IP address, went on to lose days of my life.
Was playing World of Warcraft and started getting annoyed my guildies were constantly in this game they called minecrack, I had just bought a month of gametime for another guildie and instead of paying me back in gametime he bought me minecraft. I played on a friends server for a while a small 10 person server and built my first house a disgusting brick and diamond block fiasco. Then the Beta updats started speeding up and his server was down alot so I went looking online for public servers. first one I found was Lostcraft, what a joke that server was. Couldnt get anywhere to build, the outside world was not upkept and looked horrible and when I finally did find an open world spot I told other people in a similiar situation as me and we built a small town overnight. The next day it was griefed to hell and the staff on that server wouldnt do a thing about it. Went back to the lists, saw Minetown and applied, Sayomie accepted my app and I joined. The rest is history....