Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Official Minetown Steam Servers?
Started by [E] Osmosis

I know this may be a long shot but hear me out.

I know Minetown is a pretty close-knit community as it is, I think we could get even more involved with one another by having dedicated servers on games (even if it's only the one) such as:

• Team Fortress 2
  • Counter Strike: Source
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Left 4 Dead 2

I'd love to be able to hop onto a server for one of these games and just play with friends from this community. I'm sure there are a lot of other people here who feel that way.

From reasonable experience, these servers are actually a little more simple to run than Minecraft servers and considering that they would only be a spin-off of the main server, we wouldn't expect 100% reliability anyway.

I would also propose having it password protected for obvious reasons.

Of course, if there any limitations or reasons why this would not be practical, I would fully understand. I just think it's a really nice idea that would completely take off, if integrated.

If the answer is a resounding no; then I am interested in running a server from home on my PC, which has WAY more than the necessary specs for such a server. In addition to this, I would talk to my ISP to have my bandwidth increased to the necessary speeds. Once this is all theoretically sorted, I could host the server for Minetown users (and with Sawine's permission, using Minetown in the server name)

Let me know what you think, I'm bored of playing with people I don't know T_T

Those games are planned for EximiusGaming. Once Minetown gets settled with all the new worlds and the proxy software, I'll get more time to work on that stuff.

In few weeks hopefully.
Aww-Yeah-meme.png

Wait, what exactly is EximiusGaming? It looks interesting but I've never checked it out in depth.
A gaming network underway.
In the meantime ~

If you're bored add me to League.

IGN: Lucyl00selegs
League sucks because it's not on Steam <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

But ok xD I will when I wake up. Night :')
If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page, you see: "Part of the Eximius Gaming Network" Click that.
I would LOVE if there was a tf2 server as im having a hard time finding a nice tf2 server to play on!
The LotusClan servers are decent. I tend to play there if I ever do go on TF2.
Soon™.