Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] 2017 Minetown Summer Spleef League Official Thread!
Started by [E] BumpyBob0007

The schedule has been set for the Summer Spleef League! It can be viewed here. If you have any questions, you can ask them in this thread, or message me on discord, ingame, or the forums.

The regular season will run from Monday, May 22 until Sunday, July 23. Each player will face every other player twice (a double round robin), with one game at each stadium (/warp spleef for Kotapuri Stadium and /warp alexandriaspleef for Alexandria Arena). In between these games, each player will have 3 byes. Rules for the regular season can be found below:

• Each game will be a best of 5. First player to win 3 rounds win the game
  • I or another staff member does not have to be watching the game for it to count. In fact, the reason the schedule does not have specific times and dates is so it is easier for everyone playing to find times to play. However, BOTH players need to message me or another staff member two things: who won, and in how many rounds, for the score to count. It can be just as simple as: Bumpy won 3-2, it does not at all need to be some fancy essay.
  • If you are busy, going on vacation, etc. and cannot play a game or games, it's not a big deal. None of us are able to be on 24/7 365 days out of the year. Just message me and we'll easily work out another time.
  • If someone misses more than 2 sets of games (one week or one weekend is one set) without mentioning it to anyone, they will be disqualified and all previous and future results for that player will be nullified. All results will reflect as if they never played a game at all.
  • If a player is banned for more than 7 days time, they will be disqualified. Follow the rules of the server.

Once the regular season is finished, the top 4 players in the standings will advance to the playoffs. The 4 players will be seeded based on where they finished. Each playoff game will be a best of 7, and a consolation will be included for third place. Tiebreaker rules for making the playoffs can be found below.

• If two players are tied for the final playoff spot, a best of 3 match will occur to see who reaches the playoffs. If more than two players are tied the following will occur:

• Each player will be seeded by comparing each player's record against the #1 overall seed. If they have the same record, it will go to record against the #2, #3, and so on until a winner is found.
  • A mini-tournament, with each game a best of 3, will decide who gets the final playoff spot. Honestly, reaching this far is incredibly unlikely, but it pays to be prepared.

Prizes:

1. 10,000 MTC
  2. 5,000 MTC
  3. 2,500 MTC
  4. 1,000 MTC

Standings will be constantly updated in this thread and on the google docs. Hope you all have fun playing!
We need one more player to replace sammyxyz. Message me by the end of Memorial Day if you want to join in! Any games against them in the meantime will be made up at a later date

Nevermind, we are set to go with the schedule we have!
So Steamedbread might not be able to play, and if he can't by Wednesday I'm opening up a space for someone to replace him. They'll need to make up the games (it's only a few he missed). Please comment if you want to jump in

Anyway the entire first week and all but one (other than Steamed's) of the first weekend's games have been completed. Standings are updated here:

1. Smoreziez (2-0, +4)
  2. FaustyTheRager (1-0, +2)
  3. DrQuestions (1-0, +1)
  4. Dinocraftermax (1-0, +1)
  5. sammyxyz (1-1, +2)
  6. BumpyBob0007 (1-1, -2)
  7. Steamedbread (0-0, 0)
  8. WeatherManScot (0-1, -1)
  9. Lampbork (0-1, -1)
  10. endercreep (0-1, -1)
  11. AstaZora (0-2, -4)