Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Redstone/Pistons Assistance
Started by [E] Osmosis

I have a wheat farm that I would like to be able to harvest using pistons under each dirt block (No it does not un-hoe the soil.)

I know that you cannot power them using dust (underneath) and that the only way I can power them is really redstone torches.

This means however, that I would have to have a grid of roughly 50x50 torches next to one another. This is obviously not practical as I cannot toggle them.

Is there any way to perhaps, have a layer BELOW the torches, that I could power to invert the torches? It obviously needs to be toggle-able.

Feedback much needed T_T
That is POSSABLE tp

I can do it

You need to think of the grid as lots of smaller squares inside a bigger one inside a bigger one etc

Then for every square you need an extra layer down

What it will need is for the outside square to be powered on top layer

Then underneath that a smaller thing

It's hard to describe so it looks like this

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

BBBBBBBBBBBBBB

TTTTTTTTTTTTTT

BBBBBBBBBBBBB

TTTTTTTTTTT

BBBBBBBBBB

TTTTTTTTTT

BBBBBBB

t is torch b is block

Every layer the size of the square is less , so the outside ring is removed then the ring inside that is powered underneath

All in all

For the amount of redstone torches needed it isn't worth that system

Why do you want it to work like this? Do you need this system or could u use a different one?
It's designed merely to be a challenge, not necessarily "worth it"
Ok...
If u want an easier challenge just use some water...

Run it over the fields...

Still sorta challenge if you make it one I guess
NUUUU I WANT TO DO THIS.

I don't understand your diagram :/
I will try make a better one....
I will try make a better one....

3d7948d5.jpg

Better?
i build this electric allready, is well working <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
I know you want it for a challenge

But it is a terrable design, hard to use and just plain expensive

Not suggested for use

Only proof of concept really

Oh and tp

You need to have every other rows power inverted so that the redstone torches don't output it the wrong way

Aka

The second layers input needs to be opposite to the above layers cos there are two redstone torches not one.