Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Need help from mac minecraft mod users!
Started by [E] SGT Fenix

Ok so i have been trying to find instructions on how to install mods for minecraft, however the internet keeps leading me in circles, what i need are, step by step instructions on how to install industrialcraft, the programs i will be needing, specific names and links please! Remember this has to be for a Mac OS/X, my version is 10.5.8 i have never installed any mods before, and any tutorial ive found, the user posting it talks in circles, contradicts himself, or is basically just a twat xD. So, I now turn to you, the citizens of Minetown, for assistance, at least i can get sensible assistance here, rather than that rubbish from around the net.
I had tons of issues loading them up until I got this to work.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/75440-v125-risugamis-mods-everything-updated/

I had to download a program that allowed the minecraft.jar to be expanded and then compressed again error free. The default program with Lion did not work at all. "Stuffit" or a similar program like "The Unarchiver" will allow you to do it. Once that is done, you can run the console commands and follow the rest of risugami's instructions. Once complete, I just drag and drop the original mod's .zip files into the mod folder.

Another default OSX issue, the mods will be decompressed once downloaded. Just drag the original.zip out of the trash and into the mod folder.
It's completely the same as for windows. Albeit apart from the program you use to put the mods into the Minecraft.jar file.

I would recommend downloading Modstallation - it's stupidly easy.

It extracts the contents of the jar file to the desktop, into which you drag the files from the mod, and then you click, import.

It adds all those files and you can now use the mods, viola!
Ye, I know a lot of people use Modstallation and I've been told it is very good and easy, although WinRAR is fine for me!