Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Gabe Newell: "We are not announcing anything at E3"
Started by [E] GACKT

SomeNinja wrote:
CS:GO is decent at best. I played the Beta version. It really isn't as good as I expected. CS:S is still better, imo.

I was a big fan of CS 1.6 and to me CS:S was good but quite killed the "game feel" imo. In CS 1.6, if you spray your gun you won't make any kill, in CS:S you can still kill some people without much talent. When they said they would try to achieve best of both worlds it seemed promising. Can't wait to test it out.
I feel that Consolers will be stepping on our feet, as PC gamers. Counter Strike has almost been a flagship game for us - I don't like how others get to be in on it.

I know that may be a selfish thing to say, any other game I'd be fine with. Counterstrike, no.
sawine wrote:
SomeNinja wrote:
CS:GO is decent at best. I played the Beta version. It really isn't as good as I expected. CS:S is still better, imo.

I was a big fan of CS 1.6 and to me CS:S was good but quite killed the "game feel" imo. In CS 1.6, if you spray your gun you won't make any kill, in CS:S you can still kill some people without much talent. When they said they would try to achieve best of both worlds it seemed promising. Can't wait to test it out.

Well, the chances of spraying to get a kill, is slim. Skill or talent is mostly needed to attain a kill in GO. But, I feel that CS:S is "better" is due to some of the players lack of knowing who is the enemy and who is your teammate, which occasionally happens. I also just feel CS:GO was pretty much, mostly a graphics change. All the guns and maps had texture changes, and the new maps weren't the best, nor the worst. However, I feel that my opinion is biased considering that I always play on de_dust2. It's my opinion, who cares.

1.6≥Source>GO