Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Official] Minetown Mobile
Started by [E] colddev

PLEASE NOTE: Comments are disabled, this thread informs you about updates and what they contain. If you want to comment make sure you post on the public Minetown Mobile Thread. which I am about to create as well.

Here you go to the Discussion Round: http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/2975628-discussion-minetown-mobile

Also note that the newest version is the latest post, this first post you're currently reading is the oldest one (Release Date)

You can connect to Minetown Mobile using the following URL: www.m.minetown.net

Version: Release

Hey guys,

I have been working on a Mobile Website of Minetown in the past weeks because we all know that Enjin isn't mobile friendly enough to be honest. Loading the website from your cell phone takes longer than making a coffee, so I decided to develop this.

I came up with the official News Posts, Rules and two different themes/styles to choose from. You can access it from EVERY smart phone out there, such like iPhone, Android Phones and Tablets, BlackBerry and Symbian, even the iPad is supported. The mobile site automatically resizes to the screen size of your device to provide you the best reading experience – and well that's what I wanted to achieve.

Another point is that it loads up really fast so you don't have to use that much mobile internet volume while on the go.

As you have noticed in the News Post by sayomie, Minetown Mobile is still in Beta stage so it can be laggy and buggy, I apologize for any inconveniences.

Right now, I would love to hear what you actually think of the Mobile Site, how it feels for you and on which mobile devices you tested it. As I do not own every smart phone out there, I have to know how it feels on your cellphone.

I also wish to know which new features you would like to see in the near future. Please note that I'm not able to import every single plugin from our Website to the Mobile site due to Enjin restrictions, but I will try to work on stuff you would like to see.

Another big part of this feedback thread are bug reports, so if you encountered small or even more serious bugs, please let me know about this. I'm going to look over this thread as much as I can, if your bug report is really urgent, send me a private message on minetown.net. Please note that I receive loads of private messages per day, it can be possible that I don't catch up with your ones, if you don't get an answer after 48 hours, make sure to hit me either in-game or on Mumble.

If you have any questions regarding this project, feel free to ask!

***Developers Zone***

I'm still searching for experienced Web Developers to help me with this project, so we can get things done even faster.

What you have to be skilled in: HTML, Javascript with jQuery Library APIs, CSS and maybe HTML5 but this language isn't required yet.

Do you feel qualified for this job? Please message me and I will try to integrate you into this project.

Have fun using the Mobile Site at its current stage.

See you on Minetown!

~ colddev
Version: 0.9 (Beta)

So here we go with our first update for Minetown Mobile. To keep this thread short, here's a simple list with new and/or fixed stuff:

- Added Donation Packages and PayPal Donation Button

(Buttons aren't linked yet, will need sawine's help with this...

- Added Staff List (Comfortable and flexible table view to easily update with Staff promotions/demotions)

Please let me know if I left anyone out lol

- Updated News Feed with new posts (Minetown 1.2 and Minetown 1.2.4)

- Added Minetown Banner to the bottom

will update the image once the new banner with staff members arrives

- Fixed/Removed not working 'Info' button in the top left corner (removed with Donate)

Please note: Dark Theme is currently messed up. I don't know why to be honest but I will look into this. I had some serious issues with this before, please let me know if we really need another Theme, cause it makes it buggy and laggy in a way.

As always, I uploaded the updated work on my own domain, so you can have a look at it -> www.minetown.apptouchreviews.de

On another note, the owner of LegendaryCrapft "felipe" sent me a message today, telling me that he really loves our Mobile Site and that he's looking for something like that as well, he actually wants me to do a Mobile Site for his server as well. I haven't answered him yet, 'cause I'm not quite sure how to react upon this Please help me^^

Cya,

~cold
Version: 1.0 (Final)

Hey everyone,

I received loads of feature requests in the past werks, the most requested one was the Server Status and Online Player Counter plugin. I finally implemented both of them and they work just nice.

Please note that it takes a few seconds until it has finished loading the info, that's because the plugin referrs to our main site and the server. I will look into that to make it load up even faster for you guys.

Right now I'm working with the automatic donation system, that you'll be ableto donate to the server right from your mobile device. Stay tuned for future updates!

If you have any questions or encountered bugs, please make sure to leave me a message on Enjin.

---> mc.minetown.net/mobile <---
Version 1.1

Hey guys,

once again here's a small update for Minetown Mobile:

- Updated News Posts (Refreshed)

- Updated Staff List (some staff member ranks were messed up, they're now corrected.)

- Small bug fixes

Please note: v.1.1 isn't uploaded yet, it will show up in the next hours or probably tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

Have fun!

Cya,

~cold