Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Checkers Arena Event!
Started by [E] Osmosis

Anybody entered into the Betting jackpot will now have a chance to be randomly selected for a 15,000MTC Prize at the end!

EVENT LOG:

May 2nd: Practice match between Yield and PredSpread. Pred wins with 5 pieces to go.

May 3rd: Sloop plays Sequel in an unspectacular start to the season - Sloop forfeits halfway into the game and Sequel wins by default.

May 3rd: Nick663 plays Antonyoo in an incredible match in which he wins without taking a single piece! Antonyoo was blocked in and unable to move.

May 5th: Sonic_Recreation is up against Gotmilk. The match is largely even until the final minutes when Sonic disconnects, causing Gotmilk to win by default 15 minutes later. As of yet, no match has been finished in its entirety.

May 6th: Revels21 vs Landr0 this time. This is the first game that was actually completed until the last piece! 3 kings against 1 as Landr0 pushed Revels into a stalemate.

May 7th: Palonti plays Dancraft's replacement, Fettuccini. The game is fast-paced and After chasing Fettuccini's last king round the board for an eternity, Palonti finally wins.

May 29th: After a long break, the next match has taken place between Sequel Sentry and Landr0. It was a relatively short match that ended in few kings but many pieces, on Sequel's side. Sequel goes through to the semi-finals. Qualifiers are still taking place, meanwhile.

Ok, who knows how to play checkers? If so, a huge Checkers tournament is being hosted by myself and my glamorous assistant, Coffeey.

The tournament will be as follows; 16 MEMBERS will be randomly chosen from those interested in the event (We need 16 players for the event to work so get involved!) Post in this thread if you would like to take part. The first match will take place when we have 16 confirmed players and when both players of each particular match are online. Of course, we only have one arena so this will be over several days/weeks.

Players will observe from their team areas in the viewing corridor above the arena. Coffeey and myself will move pieces as instructed (Preferably in mumble)

Massive credit to Yield for helping build this from my schematic!

EIGHT Qualifiers will be held to decide the Quarter-Finalists.

FOUR Quarter-Finals will be held to decide The Semi-Finalists.

TWO Semi-Finals will be held to decide the Finalists

and there will be ONE GRAND FINAL.

The winner receives:

TWENTY STACKS OF DIAMONDS AND 25,000MTC HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Don't worry though, the runner-up in the final wins:

TEN STACKS OF GOLD BARS SWEET JESUS THAT'S ALMOST AS COOL

The layout of the knock-out tournament is as follows:

Untitled-1.png

2012-04-30_22.01.34.png

2012-04-30_22.01.45.png

2012-04-30_22.02.16.png

2012-04-30_22.02.05.png
Interest = peaked
Are you participating then Leaf?
This really unrustled my jimmies.

I'm signing up, for reference, Mr. and Mrs. Lep Ree Khan.
Do you want to participate?
yes...
Interested!
Please specify If you would like to participate, not just that your interested xD
I'd like to specify that I'd like to play, however whether I can play will depend entirely an what day and at what time you host said event! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>
:21"]I'd like to specify that I'd like to play, however whether I can play will depend entirely an what day and at what time you host said event! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>

We can fit games into almost any time that suits you!