Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Moderator Applications
Started by [E] Lampbork

Moderator Applications

A moderator is responsible for overseeing other players within Minetown. Be ready to set aside your own projects to take care of issues that arise. This will definitely have an effect in your play time on Minecraft. If you think being a moderator is something to do in your spare time or it would be nice to have a position of power, please do not apply. We are looking for dedicated members that wish to help the server any way they can.

Application Requirements:

You have to be 16 years of age or older; there is a helper rank available for under 16's.

Applications that are accepted will start off with a trial period as Trial Mod.

Do not post applications for any other rank in this thread.

When applying must be able to use Discord.

Be truthful on your application; age, any past bans ect

Don't post anything other then an application

If we find out you did not follow any of the above requirements your application/post will be considered void and will get deleted.

Further action and punishments will be placed for continuous offenders.

Please reapply here if you are still interested in becoming staff even if you have applied previously in older applications.

To apply, please copy and paste the text below into a new post and fill out correctly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Minecraft Ingame Name:

2. Age:

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average):

5. How long have you been in Minetown:

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?:

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain):

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?:

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain:

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Please direct any questions to a Manager.
STILL INTERESTED <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> (May 20th 2018)

1. Minecraft Ingame Name: joey_dev

2. Age: 25 (Will be 26 on Oct. 20th)

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT-5 (Eastern Time)

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average): 15-20hrs (Don't judge <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> )

5. How long have you been in MineTown: 6 years

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: I have many friends on this server, some are still on and some no longer play :/ however, people that I consider good close friends on MT would be Zio (Obviously) Barney, Becky, Bacon and many others.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Yes, once. I was inviting my friends that I played with on the server to come play with me on my server via /tell which I didn't know you couldn't do. I was only banned for a day and I've been a good lil boy for Zio since then <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes, I've started many servers from scratch. I've set up Bungee across a large network of servers, I've configured plugins and also updated them if need be. Along side the fact that I've done Minecraft related servers, I also know about Enterprise level servers on a global scale. I know about VM's and VLANs and all of that good ole networking jargon.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?: You know it bae! All da time!

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I think I'd be a great asset to Minetown because I have great social skills, I'm able to use good common sense if something goes wrong. I'm able to solve things quickly. I'm good at resolving confrontations. I'm a good team player, I love hanging out with people and most of all, I have a passion to see Minetown become the best MT Community based server on the planet.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I currently work for a software company where we setup checkout/till stations on a massive scale. I will sometimes go onsite and setup the systems, the network cabling and also the main server that's there. Mainly I just sit at an office and remote in to all of these servers and configure everything on a back-end level. Along side that job, I also work for Geek Squad. Badge #: 106606. There I repair computers, remove infections and answer people's "quick" questions. Outside of work, I enjoy traveling, spending time with my wife, photography (Can't wait to get the Canon 70D) I enjoy playing around with my GoPro's, I enjoy riding my bike to the park, I love going to downtown Charlotte, NC and I enjoy hanging out with friends. I'm also a huge movie buff!!

I've also attached my resume if you'd like to better understand my technical background.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: JadeAzarath

2. Age: 19

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Eastern Standard Timezone

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average): 14

5. How long have you been in Minetown: 2 months

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: None

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: No bans

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain): I do. I have built and managed my own Bukkit server though 2012 - 2016. I have also extended my abilities to other people on Planet Minecraft to help out with building and managing their very own servers so they can get more experience and joy in having a server to themselves to undertake. I personally know how to configure plugins and to troubleshoot servers to enhance player and game play experience .

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?: No

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: If I was a moderator on Minetown, I would use my previous moderation skills and experience to further improve the Minecraft player experience on Minetown and help people who need further direction and to bring rule-breakers to justice. I personally have been a moderator on other servers and the experience was rewarding and joyful because you got to do certain things that you couldn't do normally. An example would be to help people out with ranks and griefing. I have experience with MCBans, permissions, and various other plugins which have to do with player security and grief prevention.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Not really that would help you right now, but if I do get chosen you could ask me questions to help get to know me more. I also have Skype and steam if you guys want to chat with me
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: AstaZora

2. Age: 20

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): EST

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average): 10-40+

5. How long have you been in Minetown: 2 years+ (i think, its been more than one year at least)

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: Mostly clan members, but i don't really limit myself to who i interact with

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: not that i know of, but i had an alt banned once, from my twin's ban

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain): yes i was once a helper long ago, 8 months maybe?

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?: i read it more than i talk, but i show my face from time to time

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I just want to get back to helping minetown like I was before. i have to relearn the role i play but i believe i have enough knowledge to considerably lighten the burden on the higher busy staff. i want to assist wherever i can, and learn what is needed to prevent the wrong players in MineTown from being in it. i want to help keep minetown clean.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: this is just to repost my application, and since it has been a year i decided to update it
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: CyborgFromHell

2. Age: 24

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): PST

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average): 20-30

5. How long have you been in Minetown: 4 years +

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: I play with every member of TOOS regularly

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: No I have not.

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain): I'm currently a helper, and feel as though I could perform the duties of a Moderator satisfactorily.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?: Yes, I have spoken often on the Minetown Discord

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: As I stated above, I am currently a helper. I have occasionally encountered frustration at not being able to handle /pe's that I could have done then and there. I also play very late at night (I've been the only person on plenty of times) and feel I could more effectively and expediently help the community with the broadened command access.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: Not at this time.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: Dteandy (DTE)

2. Age: 28

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Central

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average): varies on chores 15-30. 3 day weekends in the winter will be spent indoors.

5. How long have you been in Minetown: February 17, 2014

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: Everyone. Currently not involved in group projects or anything, but get along with all.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Nope

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain): Yes, helper, mod, mod2, admin, don't think I really need to explain since you guys know me and I trained some of you. I retired because I bought a house and some land in the Spring and worked the crap out out of it and the outbuildings all summer..

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?: Not recently as I never see anyone in the public chats.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I have a history as a moderator and feel I did an adequate job at handling situations that came up calmly and clearly.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I'll be around all winter as its too cold to do much outside besides blow snow. If you guys need an extra hand to monitor the players I'll be around.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: Skylarsky11

2. Age:16

3. Timezone: Est

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average)25

5. How long have you been in Minetown: 1 week

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: no

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: no

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain): yes on one server i was opped to help build and keep the server safe from hackers.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?: not much

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: i think i will be a good moderator because i always am nice and never mean. believe i would be a good fit with previous experience. i don't have a job so i can play a lot. and its my favorite server so i'm on it a lot

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: there is not much to know about me. i'm trans female (MTF) i am also bisexual and i have been told i am really good at coping with people.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: Killerverce

2. Age:18

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Central

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average): 7-8 hours

5. How long have you been in Minetown: Since 2013

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: Yes

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Yes , I got in a argument with a female on the server. I was banned.

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain): Yes , I've been a server Co-owner before , so I basicly already know many of the commands and rules

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?: Always

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I think I'll make a good moderator. Here's why, first off when it comes down to grammar, I have that down pat. I can help solve difficult situations at times, and help take stress off some of our staff. I will work as a team, and give my full cooperation to anyone who needs assistance.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: No.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: zabbadoodleisgod

2. Age:16

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Pacific Time Zone

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average): Just started playing

5. How long have you been in Minetown: Since about 6:30 pst on 1/26/17

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: No I don't

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: No I have not

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain): No I do not I wish I did

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?: Don't have Discord prefer Skype

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: Because I can keep hackers and bad people off the server and keep the server and community safe from anyone

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I have a positive attitude all the time <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> <3
1. Minecraft Ingame Name:

AZGaming

2. Age:

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):

Eastern ST

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main (Average):

currently over 20 i believe. most of the time early in the morning or late at night

5. How long have you been in Minetown:

2 or 3 years. at least 2 years

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?:

I know almost everyone on the server, so its hard to create a list

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:

I do not believe so. as far as i can recall i havent

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration? (Please Explain):

I have been staff on Minetown as a Helper and would like to come back to helping MineTown like i wished to

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Discord?:

I dont speak much on the discord but i am part of the channel and read it weekly

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain:

I believe i like helping people and i would like to use my game time to solve problems that others may have. it seems like a better investment of my time.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

I just hope there is room for me is all.