Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Feedback] Railway Needs Work
Started by [E] randalserrano

Ok, lets try this again. As you might know, The Minetown Railway is in disrepair and is unfinished. (Disrepair due to griefing.) I think a select group of people who are dedicated to helping should work to get the railway back in shape and finished. In addition to doing that, I also think there should be a plugin added to add trains (linked minecarts) and train schedules. I actually have used a plugin that does both and works very well. (The minecarts don't lag really badly when they are linked) This would make things more organised with the rail system. There should be an application to have your city added to the train route and The applicants should have to pay to get the route added UNLESS the railway is already near their town. I think this would be a really cool way to see Minetown's beauty. I know there are warps and TP's but this would be awesome for people who like to see the world. Please post your feedback and be courteous if there is a disagreement. Thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Trains on schedules??? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f62f.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":shock:">:shock:</object>

Now that would be something...
There is a plugin that has made it possible. I have used it in my old server and it works great!
It's a shame it's in such disrepair... if you find resources I can commit some time, but in part's it's going to be painful without fly. Some large sections were destroyed.

Anyhow, MT typically likes to keep the plugins on the slim side to avoid lag and there isn't really much reason to committing cycles to an unused structure. The normal powered rail system should just work fine.
RowdyPope wrote:

Anyhow, MT typically likes to keep the plugins on the slim side to avoid lag and there isn't really much reason to committing cycles to an unused structure.

Wait, what?

Have you not SEEN all the plugins we use?
I think a reason not many people go on the rail is cos of the cost

U need to buy ur own minecart to ride, having large trains on a continuose schedule would make it cheaper and more interesting
As for the plugins being on the slim side, if you saw what they have been putting recently, you wouldn't say that. But I do understand about the lag. That is why I don't think the train plugin should be put in until the railway at least gets out of disrepair and the server cluster of doom is up and running. That should give us plenty of time to work on the railway and its problems. Thanks for the feedback so far! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I'm simply re-iterating what has been said before.

I'm quite familiar with the plugins, but the maintainers are cautious.

Regardless, is there really a benefit to automated schedules. I could see track switching... now that would be handy.
With that plugin, there is track switching. But you can switch tracks without plugins. It just takes a bit of redstone and knowledge of tracks.
I wasn't aware the sections were switchable. I looked it up, but it has the inherit limitations of redstone. There is a remote IC, but that requires implementing a clock input.