Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New plugin idea
Started by [E] HamerGaming

I (HamerGaming) have thought of a new plugin that could be made. Its rather simple if you ask me. SO lots of people need strings to see what region there is in that piticular area. Heres how the plugin coud help you could say /string or something and it would give you a string for like 5 seconds then disapear. You would have to make it so that if you droped it or put it in a chest or smething it would still disapear.

P.S: you can post your own ideas here too if you would like too

EDIT: or maby put it into a donor package
Lol kill some spiders or buy 64 string for 1g.. plugins like this will cause lagg because people will redo that cmd every 5secs when it vanishes.

I know what you mean and its a good idea, but a string costs like 0.1mtc.
You can find out the region information without string. Just stand in the region and run this command...
Code:
/rg info
I am not sure how useful this plugin wil be with the "/rg info" command.

Does the string provide any other relative benefits excluding the extra distance when compared to the use of the "/rg info" command?
Forgot that cmd, thats better than the plugin idea.
hmmm i never knew about the /rg info oh well.
antonyoo wrote:
I am not sure how useful this plugin wil be with the "/rg info" command.

Does the string provide any other relative benefits excluding the extra distance when compared to the use of the "/rg info" command?

They work slightly differently. For the sake of example I'm standing in my house in Pandamonium.

/rg i returns the outermost region (or possibly the first region in the alphabetically-sorted list of applicable regions) that applies to your current location:
Code:
Region: hazeland, type: cuboid, Priority: 0 Flags: , chest-access: ALLOW, mob-spawning: ALLOW Owners: dimbulb, ivydreams Members: dimbulb, rokitchikin Bounds: (4780,52,-450) (5034,255,-97)

Whereas right-clicking with string uses the targeted block's location, checks if you have build permissions, and lists ALL regions that the block falls within:
Code:
Can you build? Yes Applicable regions: hazeland, hazeland_lot1

/rg i <regionname> lets you examine a specific region:
Code:
/rg i hazeland_lot1 Region: hazeland_lot1, type: cuboid, Priority: 0 Parent: hazeland Owners: subignition Members: perimetric Bounds: (4919,67,-287) (4940,106,-267)

So they're slightly different. As stated above, though, string is so easy to come by it wouldn't be worth developing a plugin.
Instead of developing a whole new plugin, they could maybe just implement it in to a kit and set it at, maybe, 1 string per hour or more. It can't be set too low otherwise people will just keep reusing it to make wool. Also I think it should be a kit available for all members, not just donators, because it is not just donators that can own/live in towns and I am sure normal members find themselves caught short of string at times, like me, when they are mining and enter unknown territory, or if they want to claim some land, and see who the owner is.

So instead of developing a whole new plugin, we could just use one that is already installed and working! Good idea, just wrong approach, in my opinion. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>