Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Lift signs
Started by [E] Eunjun

Hey everyone,

I may have missed some announcement or something, but I have a question:

When I use a lift I get something like: "You have insufficient permissions to use elevators." However, I am still able to use the lift to go up or down. I know it isn't bad about that, but I haven't tried placing a lift sign yet. I'll do so tonight. I guess it's more of an annoyance, but I'd like to know if there might be a slight error in the plugin or if lift signs can only now be created by a certain donator level?

Thank you for your time.
I to have been having the same problem/occurence, whether the sign has been placed and/or locked by me or someone else. I know that, a while back now, if you locked a lift sign, only people with permssion (the owner and anyone added via /cmodify) could use that sign, however one day I logged in and tpa'd someone to my storeroom for a trade, only to find that they could use my, locked, lift sign, and ever since locking lift signs hasn't made a difference to who could use them.

So I am not sure if this is because something went wrong with that feature or somewhere else in the plugin, as you mentioned it is a minor problem, and it does not bother me either, so it might not get looked at for a while.

I'm sure the staff have noticed it already but it was still worth bringing to their attention! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Haha, I was doing this as a general question but it turned into a report thread, lol. If a staff wouldn't mind moving this to the report section of the forums, I'd greatly appreciate it.

For me, the past 9 months I've always been able to use locked lift signs. Unless they tried to change it so that only people with perms can use it. Unless it was always intended to only work with perms... which means it's been forever broken, lol.
I guess it's kinda both: asking whether only certain donators can use lifts and reporting the glitch where it says you don't have permission yet lets you use the lift anyway. I think I kinda turned it more to a report thread though <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Hay did this ever get resolved for you two? Im still getting the "You don't have permission to use elevators." message when I use lifts. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f615.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":confused:">:confused:</object>
This showed up around the 1.4 update (I think), and was a message that appeared even on the unlocked signs. There was a general update at about this time to craftBook too, with some changes in the behavior Gates, Bridges and some other craftbook goodies. In addition to the "no permission" message, the gate signs also got less smart regarding the contents of your hand. Before you could click on a sign with a placiable block and it would auto-delete the block, now it no longer does, leaving a potential obstruction if you try returning.. Easy fix though: only click with non-placable tools, items or bare-hands.

There is prob some deep conflict somewhere in the code, but since its functioning I am sure it is a ways down the list on the order of fixin' especially with all the cluster setup that has been happening and otherwise being busy with upgrading MT.