Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] /tpa & /tpahere - Cost or Cooldown ?
Started by [E] sawine

RowdyPope wrote:
The cost seems pretty out there in terms of MTC and I voted for cooldown as a result.

There are a few alternatives....

The tpahere/tpa could be duplicated in the essentials pack to purchase_tpa purchase_tpahere. If a generic wrapper is being used for fund deduction it could be applied to only to the new functions. Unfortunately, it does involve a minor fork of the code because essentials doesn't provide any fine grained control regarding costs. Guessing really on the software used since everyone and their mother seem to copy command names. krinsdeath / TeleportSuite implements deduction directly within the logic of the command processor, but the deduction logic there is as bad as using deductions based on command names. However, at least the complexity is already there to handle transactions and the logic can be fixed to deduct from only qualified teleports.

It's all a bloody nightmare!

This guy... knows his stuff! I only know a little about what he said (figured it was possible but I just didn't understand how). If it can be worked with to have the price only affect the person initiating the teleport, and only on a successful teleport then I approve of the 250 mtc cost, even though my vote said cooldown.
I voted for the cooldown, simply because I think that having a cost on tp'ing makes it too much like many other servers I have been on! Personally this doesn't affect me, but I am just thinking about it from the point of view of a non-donator!