Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] /tpa & /tpahere - Cost or Cooldown ?
Started by [E] sawine

Hello,

This poll is a continuation of this thread.

Since it is impossible to apply a cost only on the /tpa and /tphere and to let the "tp help" command be free of charge (/tp with no name after) this bring up another issue of players being charged a cost without using the teleport feature.

The only thing we could do is set a cooldown on the tp command for non-donators instead of a cost so they wouldn't be charged when using the help command.

So I'm making this poll to know the opinion of the community about it.

Cya

1 hour cooldown.
yes 1 hour is good
I vote for a 1-2 hour cooldown.
I think a two hour cooldown is reasonable.
ehhh I dunno, In all honestly I think everyone should have tp commands It makes everything more simple...and I've a;ready ran into problems where I had to pay when the person I was teleporting was a $50 and Im a $50 donator...
I thought that (around 1.2.0) that /tpa had a 4 hour cooldown? Or at the least, I do remember such being the case. For my vote, I put a cooldown, preferably 2+ hours.
+2 hours wold be good
Just remove the price, I don't care what the cooldown is, just SAVE MY CREDITS!!
The cost seems pretty out there in terms of MTC and I voted for cooldown as a result.

There are a few alternatives....

The tpahere/tpa could be duplicated in the essentials pack to purchase_tpa purchase_tpahere. If a generic wrapper is being used for fund deduction it could be applied to only to the new functions. Unfortunately, it does involve a minor fork of the code because essentials doesn't provide any fine grained control regarding costs. Guessing really on the software used since everyone and their mother seem to copy command names. krinsdeath / TeleportSuite implements deduction directly within the logic of the command processor, but the deduction logic there is as bad as using deductions based on command names. However, at least the complexity is already there to handle transactions and the logic can be fixed to deduct from only qualified teleports.

It's all a bloody nightmare!