Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] War is over with GeneralPVP and MT
Started by [E] Madster

I was the one to first contact Matt on the situation. Yesterday a mod asked me to send them Matt's profile link.
Pokemon the reason irethena contacted you yesterday was because we needed to report Creeper for threats
I really hope the authorities get involved with this situation. Creeper has broken copyright laws and now is sending ddos threats. Not only should his site be shut down, but legal action be taken and creeper paying a fine or worse.
Legality

This section requires expansion.

In the Police and Justice Act 2006, the United Kingdom specifically outlawed denial-of-service attacks and set a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison.

In the US, there can be a serious federal crime under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act with penalties that include years of imprisonment. Many other countries have similar laws.

The US situation is under court ruling with a case in California.
Punishment

(6) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable-

(a) on summary conviction in England and Wales, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or to both;

(b) on summary conviction in Scotland, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or to both;

(c) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or to a fine or to both.
I couldn't care less what happens to Creeper, I just want him to stop harassing Minetown members and that's why I've reported him.

To be perfectly honest, though - from what I've seen of his grammar and general behaviour, I strongly suspect that he lacks the intellect to execute a DDoS attack. I wouldn't be worrying about that.

Nor do I believe that he hacked an Enjin admin's account. If he was capable of that, I'm sure he would have a far better idea of how to run a server. I'm under the impression that he's just running his server into the ground with his arrogance and lack of consideration for anything remotely logical.

The man's a tit.
Damn right that dude should go to jail. He rapes creepers for heaven sake!
Here's my theory, he's a 13 year old boy with a big mouth and big head, thinks he's all that because he found out how to rip content from our server and website to his own, thinking it'll just make him an his server famous. He has no intellect on the subject of "hacking" nor does he know the legal trouble he could get into for his actions. I'm obviously not siding with him, but I'm saying I doubt we have anything to worry about, he should on the other hand be quite worried.

Hopefully this whole thing just blows over.
I've seen greater displays of maturity from Pre-teen members of Minetown, either they should be proud of themselves or he should be ashamed.

Probably both, actually.
He lives in New Zealand, FYI.
Coffeey wrote:
I have already reported him to enjin and I'm awaiting a response. Hopefully hell be banned, and even maybe the law brought in.

The threats he made to me, whether legit or not, are actually quite serious. He called out my isp provider, my IP address and other information I didnt understand to me in enjin chat, and then continued to boast about 'Blowing some fags router up'.

Not only did he threaten me he also boasted about causing damage to someone elses computer in the past.

Jallaf i think it is possible to DDoS someone on an IP address, I stand to be corrected though.

TPrezzle i reccomend sending Admin Matt a message regarding the threat made against you too. I think creeperape could get in serious trouble..

Admin matts wall: http://www.minetown.net/profile/422099

Unfortunately DDoS is possible based on an ip (to DDoS a server, the server needs an ip... that's how you connect to the internet and therefore it is vital). You can screw up someone's router, as well, via the internet, even if it is code locked. They're quite easy to hack via a remote location, even easier if doing so wirelessly (within the 100ft or whatever the range is) but it is still possible to hack your computer (hypothetically) in New York from, say, Antarctica, so long as both places have a stable internet connection. I've actually tested this with my router, and I caused it to short-circuit... what a waste of 50 USD, lol. Anyways, to DDoS a personal computer, basically what happens is that he saps your connectivity. One way is to launch almost every program your computer has in addition to tons and tons of random pop-ups, however he'd need a pretty good computer himself to do that as well as a program not released to the public for taking control of a computer from a different computer (which he needs to have access to a program that you own as well, i.e. McAfee). He could also use your ip as (forgot the actual word) waypoint, and use it as an ip mask sapping connection that way. Although, it's so much harder to do it via an ip than a server (as servers are open rooted and ip addresses are closed, only one computer can have one ip at a time with no repeats of other devices).