Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] World Map Quality Downgrade?
Started by [E] SGT Fenix

Figures you would say that...you women just dont understand these things!
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
Pffft.

Just pull into a petrol station and ask for directions.

You mean Gas station?..... Damn ass Australians with your funny words
Also what he said.
Go to http://mc.minetown.net/map/ and you will be able to use the old map.
Locklionheart wrote:
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
Pffft.

Dude your language derived from English

Ur the one with the funny words

God get ur facts right
BARNEY626 wrote:
Locklionheart wrote:
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
Pffft.

Dude your language derived from English

Ur the one with the funny words

God get ur facts right

People from the United States mainly speak ENGLISH.

It is the same bloody language!

Get your facts right!!
Derived from English? I dont think a language can derive from itself. Also its definitely gas station. On account of how they sell gasoline and not crude oil.

I hope this thread dosnt start to go off-topic anytime soon.
Well it has

American CANNONT be classed as English

For gods sake it has different words

Petrol, not crude oil durrrrrrrrrrr
Yes it is English. Its a different DIALECT of English than you use, just like Australians have a different dialect. By your logic, Spanish is not spoken in Mexico or any of Central or South America either.

Petrol=petroleum=crude oil

Gas=gasoline=gasoline
The language mainly spoken in America is a DIALECT of English, known as American English. Sometimes it is referred to as American Germanic, as English is derived from a language stem called Germanic. Yes, English and German are CLOSELY related, even if we can't understand each other. As to it being derived from English, that's actually wrong. American English is a collection of over 47 different languages, hence why it is called the "bastard language." It is the only language that doesn't fit into an official classification, as it fits in all major language stems (meets all requirements of all of them). You can look this up or take a linguistics course of some sort.

Back on topic. I actually like the old map (being the one we currently have, flat). It was the first map I was exposed to mid last year. The 3D one makes it impossible for building things by layer, and can only be done basically by two sides and a ceiling. Many of my builds have different designs on opposite sides of the building, and I can't see them with the 3D map. However, with the flat map (once it is fixed) I'd be able to build via layers once again, which is traditionally how most people build or at the least conceptualize the build.