Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Moar [LAVAFURNACE]'s
Started by [E] Deimosian

Ok, I love my lava furnace. And I'm sure plenty of others do too. But only having one is slightly handicapping and forces me to use regular furnaces to supplement it to meet me production speed needs. So I'd like to suggest there be an option to somehow earn the ability to have more. Say for every $10 you have donated, you can build 1 more total.

Also, would be nice if there was a third 'fuel' chest you could fill with lava buckets to make the furnace run longer and more automated-y.
can you have the lava come down over the opening so that when it is empty it just fills again?

i havent made one, just seen a video of one
Lava furnaces are fuel efficient.

Regular furnaces are time efficient (you can set up a whole wall of them in parallel etc).

Personally I think that's an alright tradeoff.
xcrimsonmasterx wrote:
can you have the lava come down over the opening so that when it is empty it just fills again?

i havent made one, just seen a video of one

No.
subignition wrote:
Lava furnaces are fuel efficient.

Regular furnaces are time efficient (you can set up a whole wall of them in parallel etc).

Personally I think that's an alright tradeoff.

They take many more resources, and I agree that there should be a limit on them, but one per player period is lame and silly.
I have been nagging at Sayomie to add extra lava furnace features to the donor packages. I shall point him in this direction to let him see that there is a community interest in it.
An increased cap would be wonderful, but so would a way to stack the fuel, say a third chest with lava buckets on top, so if you put enough in it would run through the entire input chest, rather than just 8 stacks.
I agree that additional furnaces for donators of different levels would be ideal. I dont often find time when I can be in game long enough to fully use the bucket but when I do I would like to be able to blow through a ton of smelting. Even if the time it takes is not taken into account then it would be good to have one for common things such as blasting through a ton of cobble in one furnace and working on ores or other furnace items in another. Ideal situation in my opinion would be 2 furnaces running and someway for them to keep cooking or pause the cooking and lava use while no one has the chunk loaded.
All ideas here are great although it would take a bit longer to add a third chest for lava buckets because it would require the, already busy, dev team to modify the plugin which could, potentially, cause problems with the plugin with chunk erors and only working when the chunk is loaded etc. Otherwise though, I totally support these suggestions!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
The current furnaces do run when the chunk is unloaded. Which is nice.
except if i am not mistaken any leftover lava is still expended even though no product is smelted.