Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] More GeneralPVP Theft.
Started by [E] Osmosis

:angry: :angry2: :banghead:

........ :omgonoz:
Legal action wouldn't actually be much of a hassle at all, just contact the hosting provider/isp Creeperape uses, show them what he's done and they'll probably shut him down. No need for lawyer and mess usually, they can pull the plug on his stuff for that under the terms of service he agreed to.

Sawine doesn't even have to do it personally, he can, under DMCA, designate anyone he wants as his representative.
I vote for getting his site shut down. Cant do much about him copying the actual stuff on the server though I imagine.
I say right now.... everyone message the owner of enjin, quoting this act: Protection: All original content on http://www.minetown.net/home is created by the website owner, including but not limited to text, design, code, images, photographs and videos are considered to be the Intellectual Property of the website owner, whether copyrighted or not, and are protected by DMCA Protection Services using the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title 17 Chapter 512 (c)(3). Reproduction or re-publication of this content is prohibited without permission.

Digital Millennium Copyright Act: Part of the US Copyright Law. The DMCA addresses penalties for copyright infringement on the Internet and protects content creators by "establishing procedures for proper notification" to OSPs when copyright infringement is identified online. Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act, Title II of the DMCA "adds a new section 512 to the Copyright Act to create four new limitations on liability for copyright infringement by online service providers." These procedures allow content creators or their designated agent to file proper DMCA Takedown notice to the OSP in case infringed material has been detected on their servers.
and showing the things generalpvp.com have stolen...

Lets do it...
Can someone point sawine in this direction and tell him this is basically what he needs to do to get there website shutdown, or looked into.
Enjin terms of service wrote:
6.6 If you would like to report or make a claim of copyright infringement that complies with international intellectual property and copyright law please contact us at: info enjin.com.

A notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication as set forth below, and must include substantially all of the following:

6.6 (A) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed;

6.6 (B) a description of such copyrighted work(s) and an identification of the material in such work(s) that is claimed to be infringed;

6.6 (C) a description of the exact name of the infringing work and the location of the infringing work on the Service;

6.6 (D) information sufficient to permit Enjin to contact you, such as your physical address, telephone number and e-mail address;

6.6 (E) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;

6.6 (F) a statement by you that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Fettuccini wrote:
I vote for getting his site shut down. Cant do much about him copying the actual stuff on the server though I imagine.

Technically speaking, it's covered by DMCA too and the ISP his server is on can be sent a takedown request/demand.
Plz everyone repost dis 2 show ur support for CREEPER 2012
We are one step closer to having GeneralPvp removing our content. I have conacted Enjin Admin Matt and he is looking into the situation.
Guys stop it.

This is not your fight. I don't mind talking about it on the Minetown Forums but taking it to GeneralPVP and causing a fight there is not on. It is nothing to do with GeneralPVP's members, only the staff. It's being broadcast to everyone.

I regret posting this now because you're all getting involved with their site, an Enjin Admin has been contacted and that is the end of it.

Please don't make this public.