Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Why won't paper maps work?
Started by [E] ComplacentSheep

Are the maps suppose to work or is there a reason to have them off? Not that I'm complaining but I didn't see any threads about the issue and figured there should be one.

I'm far out on the west coast on a peninsula and am building a lighthouse something like a chunk out. I wanted to build an undersea rail system to shuttle supplies. Point being, to more easily dig the tunnel I made a map in the hopes I could line my shot up with the lighthouse. Alas, my project is halted because my map is blank.

Not butthurt or anything about it, I mean, finding a way around the problem is half the fun.
If maps arent working, try the Rei's Minimap mod, the server allows it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I'd have to talk to a dev to confirm this but I am fairly sure that the server is setup to allow only like 1,028 maps and I'm sure we have already reached that limit. I know this seems like a stupid reason but once you consider each map is stored as an image file, in the server, you can see that that is a lot of space.
Thanks, that explains a lot. Consequently, Ive finished my lighthouse and built said undersea railway, and while using it I was kicked and there was chatter about "coasting". Is the use of rail systems a bad idea for some reason? Does it lag the server down or what?