Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] a simple MCTowns way!
Started by [E] Madster

Hey, fett, did that

/town setmayor <playername>

work at all for you?
Havent tried it yet, but I get the feeling its going to transfer ownership from me to him. I'll let you know what happens.
Fettuccini wrote:
Havent tried it yet, but I get the feeling its going to transfer ownership from me to him. I'll let you know what happens.

yeah, if it does that, im sure you can send in a PE. that was the only command i could find related to setting someone as mayor. i will dig a little more for ya later this weekend, im going camping tonight, so i wont be able to get on.
Updated with new info. changed some things, new info added.
I should redo my tutorial as well... XD I look back at it, and I notice I've got a LOT of room to improve XD
The new permissions are quite annoying, because I have been trying to change some regions in my town, however now, unlike before, I can't remove the regions in my town i.e. plots and districts, I can understand why this has been put in place but honestly, it is just annoying, for example when I make a mistake with a plot, or want to expand or change a plot!

Also I need to get every region in my MCTown expanded to the new world height, because when I create a new plot and use //expand vert it says the plot is not in the district because it goes higher than the district height (set at the old world height). I have put in a PE to get all the regions expanded, and if a staff member with a bit of time sees this please could you take a look at it? Thanks!
mmk, i did as i said i would. added every command in MCTowns.
Info update. few color changes. A few things will be re-worded soon to fit better understanding.
For some reason, whenever I try to make a plot I get a message saying "Your active town is not set". How do I fix this?
MCTowns uses an "active set" to figure out what exactly you're working on. So, you need to specify what you're working with before you can work with it. As a general rule, you'll need to set your active town to do anything under the /town command; you'll need to set your active territory to do anything under the /territory command, you'll need to set your active district to do anything under the /district command, and you'll need to set your active plot to do anything under the /plot command.

How do you do this? Simple:

/town active reset

/town active <town name>

/territory active <territory name>

/district active <district name>

/plot active <plot name>