Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Official] Minetown Mobile Website
Started by [E] colddev

Hey guys,

I have been working on a Mobile Website of Minetown in the past weeks because we all know that Enjin isn't mobile friendly enough to be honest. Loading the website from your cell phone takes longer than making a coffee, so I decided to develop this.

I came up with the official News Posts, Rules and two different themes/styles to choose from. You can access it from EVERY smart phone out there, such like iPhone, Android Phones and Tablets, BlackBerry and Symbian, even the iPad is supported. The mobile site automatically resizes to the screen size of your device to provide you the best reading experience – and well that's what I wanted to achieve.

Another point is that it loads up really fast so you don't have to use that much mobile internet volume while on the go.

As you have noticed in the News Post by sayomie, Minetown Mobile is still in Beta stage so it can be laggy and buggy, I apologize for any inconveniences.

Right now, I would love to hear what you actually think of the Mobile Site, how it feels for you and on which mobile devices you tested it. As I do not own every smart phone out there, I have to know how it feels on your cellphone.

I also wish to know which new features you would like to see in the near future. Please note that I'm not able to import every single plugin from our Website to the Mobile site due to Enjin restrictions, but I will try to work on stuff you would like to see.

Another big part of this feedback thread are bug reports, so if you encountered small or even more serious bugs, please let me know about this. I'm going to look over this thread as much as I can, if your bug report is really urgent, send me a private message on minetown.net. Please note that I receive loads of private messages per day, it can be possible that I don't catch up with your ones, if you don't get an answer after 48 hours, make sure to hit me either in-game or on Mumble.

If you have any questions regarding this project, feel free to ask!

***Developers Zone***

I'm still searching for experienced Web Developers to help me with this project, so we can get things done even faster.

What you have to be skilled in: HTML, Javascript with jQuery Library APIs, CSS and maybe HTML5 but this language isn't required yet.

Do you feel qualified for this job? Please message me and I will try to integrate you into this project.

Have fun using the Mobile Site at its current stage.

See you on Minetown!

~ colddev

Im still Trying to Access it but it Looks like its Not online at the Moment. I will Test it as soon as possible. I will Test it with iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Im very excited to Test it.

~ Nick663
Tested with Windows Phone, works normal.

When i get home ill design you guys a better layout.

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Enjin is crap on the Iphone, the mobile version will prob beat the pulp outta the norm site on my phone!
TechnicalJob wrote:
Tested with Windows Phone, works normal.

When i get home ill design you guys a better layout.

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I think they've spent far too long on this for someone to "redesign" for them <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Enjin is crap on the Iphone, the mobile version will prob beat the pulp outta the norm site on my phone!

Because Enjin is far more functional than just Minetown itself, and doesn't have a specific mobile site. The MT Mobile site itself only has news feeds, from what I can see. No forums or anything - that's enjin's business.

Meh, we'll see!
Tested on iPhone 4 and The New iPad (iPad 3) and works well <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Works on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. havnt figured out how to scroll in the Currently Online list though......
Glad it works for you guys!
When i get home ill design you guys a better layout. wrote:

Thanks for your offer Technical, but right now we're not looking for a redesign.
i know im probaly not qualified enough (lol)..... i do know my way around HTML, CSS, and am trying to learn Javascript (could probally learn the rest easily too)..... i learn fast and can source out my problems with books i have.... so yah if your interested... itd be fun to try it out.... ive never coded for a huge thing like this .. but it sounds fun to try! ..... P.S. im learning all these skills from the ITGS class im taking at school so there still fresh in my head and i have a binder of coding lol.... thanks