Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] unfarmable shop?
Started by [E] Eunjun

Just a suggestion, but I want to hear everyone's opinion about it (members, mods, admins, sawine, everyone).

I'd like to see a shop implemented on this server, which sells every item in the game. It wouldn't be like the cs. It'd have prices based on gold, and they'd be set prices. Of course, these prices would likely be above everyone else's prices and everyone would complain. However, to counter that, everyone complains about the cs right now. So they can just deal with the "over priced goods." The basis of this suggestion is that some goods aren't farmable and are limited on world size. An example would be clay. You only see about 8 blocks per every 50x50 zone of unexplored beach and underwater sand areas (I haven't seen clay in deserts, so I don't know about that). This is just my observation, and an average based on my observation. I believe we have well over 300 weekly active members (just an assumption based on how many people I see on at different times of the day). Seeing this, clay would be rather difficult to obtain.

Of course, clay is just one example of many. Several goods ARE farmable.

The meaning of farmable I use here is this: things that can be reproduced without destroying a block. Such things include loot from mobs as well as plants (saplings drop, you can replant and gain even more and more saplings). This store could just be an expanded cs store, I guess. Considering that I only believe there to be 10 (Made up number) or so blocks that you can't farm that are useful that are not already in the cs/admin shop.

I guess the overall suggestion is this: Since there have been more updates, we've only installed the music disks and the eggs, to be bought. There have been numerous block types added, and I haven't seen any blocks added to the cs or admin shop since even before clay came out. Sand is not an issue, nor is dirt (those are quite abundant). I'd just like staff to confer with each other, and see which ones are not very abundant (with consideration to how many people there are). I realize this suggestion won't be considered right away, and that is fine. I understand that server issues come first, and I'm fine with that. I'm just throwing this out there.

Tell me what you think, everyone. Thanks in advanced.

Block types I don't consider abundant:

-clay

-Lapis Lazuli ore (since we have diamond ore/redstone ore/coal ore for sale, might as well have this too)

-webs (I don't remember seeing this in the stores, but I know we can't build this and I'd like to use it, but if it is there please inform me, thanks)

-mossy cobble (limited to only how many dungeons there are, at roughly 25 blocks per dungeon)

-lily pad (I'm not sure of the abundance of swamp biomes, so not sure about this one)

-nether wart seeds (I know we can grow these, however I believe we need an overpriced sale somewhere that has a large sum, since it takes over an hour to grow them )
There's already an unfarmable item shop at spawn, /warp adminshop i think.
To comment on your example, clay was extremely rare (rarer than diamonds) in early version of the game, but with 1.0 (I think) it became much more prevalent. I've had absolutely no trouble finding inventories full of clay in 1.1 and 1.2 chunks.

I'm also pretty sure that mossy cobble is sold at the admin shop, and lily pads are easy to collect in swamp biomes.

I believe the purpose of server-provided shops is to generally provide items and services which cannot fully be provided by players (Admin shop for otherwise extremely limited items, credit shop for other unfarmables, and as a way to pull credits out of the market to prevent voting from inflating them to worthlessness). I say this with a grain of salt, as the shops have not always been updated, and some things (such as mushroom blocks) can now be much more easily obtained by players and do not fully fit this description.

If your issue is the availability of some items, then you might try offering more for what you want. It has been shown several times that for the right price, you can get anything you want handed to you on a silver platter. If you cannot find the items you want at the price you want, I'd say you should reconsider your offering price. There is no real shortage of any item on the server.
I could see lapis ore and cobwebs being added to the admin shop but as for your primary example, clay, I'm going to say no. There is more than enough clay out there. After a couple hours of digging for it, I usually end up with about 4 double chests of the balls. There is a ton of the stuff out there, you just have to look for it.

Lily pads too, I have seen biomes with hundreds of lily pads in them.

Nether warts are rare but they are ment to be. You have to find them in fortresses but with the 24 or so that you find in each fortress, you can quickly have a booming farm
dont they sell cobwebs at the creditshop?
Ƚuggious wrote:

They sell at the CS for 125 mt each if im not mistaken.
dunsjohn wrote:
-nether wart seeds (I know we can grow these, however I believe we need an overpriced sale somewhere that has a large sum, since it takes over an hour to grow them )

Maybe you missed this thread: "Right clicking on Nether Wart with Bonemeal will now grow the Nether Wart"

Using bonemeal on netherwart even works in the main world.
tomcort wrote:
dunsjohn wrote:

Maybe you missed this thread: "Right clicking on Nether Wart with Bonemeal will now grow the Nether Wart"

Or maybe I didn't see that at all? /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Luggious wrote:
thanks for informing, as well as Darth with the price (as I stated I didn't see or not for webs).
Irethena wrote:
There's already an unfarmable item shop at spawn, /warp adminshop i think.
I do believe I implied I knew this in the OP. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I was saying as an extension of such, with the possible addition of items.

In general response: Every time I go to explore new parts of the map, the server ends up crashing. Seriously... every... single... time... I'm not joking. As well, the seemingly surrounding 1000 block radius around my city is all pre 1.0, unfortunately. I don't know what warps will take me to or near 1.1 or 1.2 chunks, so I don't have that luxury either. I was merely stating clay, from my perspective. It was all opinion based. I didn't mean to imply that it IS rare to find still.

as to the mossy cobble: Really Darth? O.o I've never seen them there and I'm about always at the Admin shop (if you remember the time that I visited and needed help reading due to the inability of reading the colored text).
Darth Android wrote:
If your issue is the availability of some items, then you might try offering more for what you want. It has been shown several times that for the right price, you can get anything you want handed to you on a silver platter. If you cannot find the items you want at the price you want, I'd say you should reconsider your offering price. There is no real shortage of any item on the server.

With everyone seeming to be butt hurt due to my "tldr" posts, I tend to get ignored or get a very nice "No one wants to trade with you, dunstard." I've tried the "increase the right price until it's more right" to no avail. It's worked for some items (did 10 diamond for one jungle tree sapling, total of 4 saplings making 40 diamond). I've done the offer of one diamond per clay block (one diamond per 4 clay balls) and I'm not willing to go any higher, considering the average market price of clay blocks is about 1 gold per 3 blocks, meaning I'm offering to buy at 9 fold the price. I've gotten the dunstard comment a couple times, and I got that comment without dunstard in it several times (they always state my tldr posts are the reason they don't want to trade with me, irregardless of price).
tomcort wrote:
dunsjohn wrote:

Unfortantly, Right now, with al lthe major problesm going on with plug-ins and what not, I do not know if this is stil lthe case...

My only reason saying this is becuase half the things on that list of general changes are not working, and thre has not been any updates on that post....
The plugin that allowed bonemeal to drop netherwart was removed. It took a substantial amount of the servers resources, which is understandable considering it looked at every players interaction with every block and asked itself "do I need to do something about this"