Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] an idea i had
Started by [E] Dillon1975

hello all,

One thing that i have noticed quite often in global chat, is people asking about plugins working or not. (can we break mob spawners or why isn't my bridge working)

would it be possible to have a plugin status page on the website? where you can see a list of active or inactive plugins. not sure if this could be done automatically or if it would have to be manually updated. you could also include a reason why the plugin is inactive (waiting for an updated version) to help eliminate asking "why" in global chat or PM'ing mods.

just a thought that i had in a moment of clarity. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Dillon1975

ParkCity
I support!
I think this is a good idea, but I have a strong feeling it wont stop people spamming chat about it. With all the threads made about plugins that are down, I dont think the people asking even look at the forum to begin with.
I believe tying /pl actually shows plugins that are working or not. I admin another server, and I use that all the time to see which plugins I have to fix. Red shows they are not working, green shows they are probably working (some greens didn't work for us, though, like world edit at first). Not sure if it works for a member on this server, but /pl doesn't actually do anything but show plugin status.

EDIT: Red shows installed but broken plugins, green is installed but supposedly working plugins. Plugins that don't show are ones that I believe to be disabled or not installed. Mod please correct me, I'm not on the dev team on my server so I don't know the specifics... I just know that red = bad... that damn hawkeye on ours, lol (I gave up on it, that's why I'm staying on minetown, haha).