Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown Rail (Driving) System. The New Transportation Innovation!
Started by Unknown User

Hi Minetown Peoples And Staff,

I have been thinking about rails in minecraft and came up with a idea that the staff and maybe some members who can become helpers or devs by volunteering to help with this. It may take a lot of work but I think we can accomplish it! First things first, staff and volunteering members will need to have access /give, /giveme and /giveto commands or the op system. If staff already has that then I'm not gonna think thats new... Anyways, next, We will need road rules!!!!!!! 1. No griefing anyone else's minecart. 2. Members must take a driving test and pass to drive, otherwise just don't add them to the region. 3. Drivers must obey red,yellow and green lights along with tollways which moderators and admins can handle. 4. Drivers cannot break, disconnect, grief, destroy or build on these roads. 5. Any other rules in mine towns rule list. Next we will need highway,freeway,tollway,expressway and road destination routes which I will have a second post for. Lastly, depending on how far the pe is from the main minetown spawn and roads, members may open pe's and ask for that a road be created for there place and connect it to the main system, which will cost at least 1 gold ingot per 10 blocks of rail. I believe that this can happen, if we work together and hard.

Minetown Lover As Always!,

Dominator505
How do you "drive" a minecart? It can move on its own by using steep slopes to build up speed or powered rails.
Well you don't really drive it you just go the right ways you want to go on the road...

LOL
Well, that will take lots of work, considering all of the redstone connections, and lag which can cause a slight delay in it.
Lag delay times sign
Dominator505 wrote:
Well you don't really drive it you just go the right ways you want to go on the road...

LOL

there is a plugin on my server that allows you to punch a minecart to change directions and speed up and slow down.
I have actually been working on revitalizing the Minetown Rail. As most of it is unprotected (Except where it may run through a town) it has been subject to serious griefing. Also, because most of it is unprotected, you do not need any permission to work on it. Give will never be given to members so if you want to make an addition to the rail, it has to be self funded.
Nevr knew tat, thx, i DONT KNOW FREAKIN PLUGINS...
Still we should make a railroad system...
We have one >_>