Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Keep Tradecraft!
Started by [E] Idellechi

I know many people have moved on to duckshop, but I really do like the Tradecraft plugin, and still use it in my shops and also my storage building. One of the reasons I like this is because it lets you infinately store one item, it also once saved me from a rollback. Before a rollback I deposited 5 stacks of wood into a tradecraft chest. After the rollback they were still there.

I know that having two shop plugins on the server can generate unessecary lag, especially if one is unused, but keep in mind that many people use and love the tradecraft plugin.

Warnings were sent out and I will be removing my tradecraft chests temporarily, but I would still really like it if we kept this plugin and got rid of some more unnecesary ones.

Thank you for listening to my input.
The main issue with this is such:

When tradecraft breaks or glitches, there is a strong potential for everyone to lose everything in their TC chests. It's happened before, from what I've been told. Also, the "save you from a rollback" feature you describe also allows for massive duplication of items. TradeCraft is also extremely confusing for new users who haven't used a shop plugin before, and compared to duckshop, it is very hard to use. Tradecraft has a huge potential for players to grief and steal from other player who are trying to use the shop.

From an internal standpoint, the duckshop code is much nicer, while TC is a pretty big mess, which is the cause of at least one glitch that allows for duplication, or at least getting items cheaper than someone should be able to. It is also much easier/nicer to update duckshop (or odditem, rather) when new items come out. The only reason we haven't already is mostly because I've been on spring break and just got back last evening, and haven't had a chance to update the file and pester Sayomie about it.
I can see one problem with tradecraft, though. Even when the plugin was working, I lost 50 gold which cannot be refunded. As well, you generate infinite storage for the one item, which I'd assume results in extra memory usage, which could rather be used to help run the server. I do agree, though, to keep tradecraft. I much prefer it over duckshop (you have to do so much more work and have storage limited to a double chest only). However, I can see where the mods/admins/sawine are coming from.

EDIT: Darth, I was one of those people who had it glitch on them. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Wow, I didn't know it caused so many issues :/
dunsjohn wrote:
storage limited to a double chest only

While this is very low priority right now (compared to fixing other things like the severe lag and spawners), I do plan to add it so that you can link a sign to multiple chests.
TradeCraft can also cause some trouble. Lets just say that a store uses TradeCraft to sell wool at 64 for 10g and the stores also buys it at 128 at 10g. If you put 20 gold in it to buy 128 wool, lag may occur in the process and it will register that you right clicked it 2 times, or you bought 128 wool, and sold it back for 10 wool. This can be frustrating.
I like tradecraft, especially for the storage potential...but overall, I prefer duckshop <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

I understand your love of Tradecraft Though.
Darth Android wrote:
dunsjohn wrote:
storage limited to a double chest only

While this is very low priority right now (compared to fixing other things like the severe lag and spawners), I do plan to add it so that you can link a sign to multiple chests.

You are a god.