Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] stop copying minetown!
Started by [E] Madster

LOLZ i said for fun on this server "lets grief" directly banned <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
If our server was to become "patented" with what we build (yes, it is possible) we could take a legal route. Hehe. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> However, getting a patent on intellectual property is quite expensive, and hard... and expensive... very much so, and even more expensive to do a legal route after a patent is awarded. So that's a no.

I'd suggest we go (this is a joke) on their server at the same time and lag it, hehe. Just kidding, don't do that. Just ignore them. Just because they copy our buildings doesn't make them the same server. We're the original creators of such. Hundreds of people know this. That is probably some kid who got banned, made another mc account and copies the cathedral slowly. He's got no life, and thinks he can ruin the server by doing so (in my belief). Just tell people of what a bad server he has for copying us.
In Complete honesty this supposed "Church" could have been a differently styled doorway to a church just because it has slightly same and contains some of the same materials does not make it a "Minetown Copy" all those signs put up even the video put up made Minetown look bad in my eyes. It made us look like we will whine and moan about some small little copy paste idea crap. I think it was stupid on there part to try and copy it in what seems to be slightly copied Doorway and how idiotic they think they can be do make there server look good, but still the Video and Signs we a bad outlook.
schaefer... people did the same thing when Legendarycraft took our bank. Didn't hurt our reputation then.
Just because "people did it then" doesn't mean it's really okay. While certainly someone starting their own server should learn the concept of originality, being a PITA isn't going to make them change their mind and it does reflect badly on Minetown if random people see stuff like that. Relatively few people are actually "loud" about disageeing and many people will simply not join Minetown or leave it it without saying anything on account of such activity. We're trying to attract friendly people, not ones that find this sort of stuff funny.
Duns would u like to retract you last comment. I think i said correctly. Plus i did go onto the server and i saw nothing honestly
It comes down to being mature. Taking the high road rarely ends badly. Besides haven't you ever heard the saying "the original is always best". I believe it holds true; Minetown will be great even if designs get copied. Those others, no matter how great looking, will always just be imitations. The innovation is here and that isn't something that can be copied.
schaefer1231 (The Troll) wrote:
Duns would u like to retract you last comment. I think i said correctly. Plus i did go onto the server and i saw nothing honestly

I see no reason to. I wasn't implying people should do it, nor was I implying not to do it. It was merely a statement.
Duns it was towards your Reputation aspect of your comment. Madster i don't see why this should be locked its an open thread and there are no arguments flaming up. This is for the community to look at and reply to its a free thread.