Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] What Do You Like About Your town?
Started by [E] Shylos

Hi everyone! I joined MineTown about three months ago - I had played single player for ages but wanted to try the multiplayer world and this server seemed like it had a lot to offer. When I joined, I went to a random warp, and did some walking in the wilderness until I decided to claim a small island and do some building. I love the fact that in multiplayer there is access to more resources through the markets etc, and it can be fun seeing what other people are up to, and just having others in the same world, however I have never looked to join a town etc.

I am interested to know, for those of you that have houses in towns etc, what do you like about it? What am I missing out on by living on my own in the middle of nowhere? What would you say are the main benefits, perks or just fun reasons for becoming part of a smaller community within Minetown?

I would love to here from anyone who either is, or isn't, part of a town/community on the server, and what you get out of it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I like being in a town because when ppl need help and are in your town, you cant help them out easily. You could do it no matter what, but when they are in your town already it makes it so much easier. I also enjoy living in the middle of nowhere, but that is on benefit of living in a town. Another is just to see other peoples ideas and use ideas/themes. Or to be a part of a unique town like subterra or a floating world who knows. There are alot of reasons really. It all just depends on how you like to play.

You also have to keep in mind that if your not very active in chat, you wont make alot of friends if your not building around anyone else ya know?
Well, I am the owner of the town savage city and there are pros and cons of living in a town...

Pros...

Meet new people

Get to know more people

If you help enough you can help out with the town which is always fun

You have in town facility's, many towns now have mob traps that are free to residents

Can use house as a shop in the town

Cons...

Have a limited space to build

Cost money to buy lots (some towns are free)

Usually rules on how you have to build, e.g. No cobble or gravel

I personally think you should build in a town and have a reasonably large plot or build in the wild

Your choice, you could have both...
Leader of the Organization, which runs one city (probably I'll be co-leading another for a while by the looks of it) .

Pros of a town:

What Barney said. but some corrections.

You don't get to know more people... you get to know those people more so than you would if you met on global.

Cons...

If you own a town... you are always going to be poor until it is completed (like me, doing a mega build, so far costing roughly 30 stacks diamond blocks, within the next week I'll meet the equivalent of 36. By the end of the Month, a double chest).

Land can be expanded in a city (my land is significantly large, actually, due to the scope of the city project ). I get expansions roughly once a week, only to cover one building each time, of course. So, it isn't really THAT limited. Although, you can't expand over another protection.

As to the question in the title. What do I like about my city? Well, the current main section is very pretty and follows 3 styles of design. Once completed, I'll have over 40 different styles of design in the city, making it even more unique. Each city has unique aspects. I.E. when I made Seoul (my first city), the SEOUL MARKET sign was it's unique aspect. Minetown has the spawn tree, Cthulu has his cathedral devoted to worshiping him, lol. Espero has an awesome portal (not nether or end or any of that, as in an entrance to a city that you walk under...). Vegas has some nice skyscrapers. You get the idea, every city is unique.

By living on your own (what I did at first) you can actually create a town. Both, living in a town and living in the wilderness, have merit.
Duns is right, though for the expansion I was saying you can bind onto another plot as long as it is unused
Thanks for the input - it is interesting hearing what others get out of the game. I think it might look into what towns are about and maybe see if I can get a small plot somewhere when I have more time to dedicate to building, to see what it is like <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I like my companion cube house :3
I enjoy the fact its underwater, and that when wearing a pumkpin, I can 'fly' throught the 'air' over my town <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

OH and I like the mall <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> (/warp mall)
Well, My First Town Silvermere I fell in love with becuase, I like Nice Size towns, And silvermere is just that....

By Building a Whole town and not just 1 building, I learned a good deal about structuring, and ogranizing a town area...

It also helepd me meet a few ppl along the way when I was looking for help on certain projects...

Thanks to this town I have become friends with Dunsjohn, Dimbulb, IvyDreams, and Krystalin...And Becuase of them I know have even more friends on the server.

Now I am working on a new town Which will be ocnnectedto a mtropolis, which will be connected to other cities...

And Silvermere Will Become Up for auction, Becuase I dont like seeing land go to waste..
I like my town mostly because I made it. Also so far no terrible people have moved in yet.