Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] World Map
Started by Unknown User

I enjoy checking the World Map every day to see what is going on in the far reaches of Minetown. However, I've noticed it hasn't updated in several days. Is this because of the upgrade?
There have been several things that stopped me using the world map.

-It takes a LONG time to update. My character (as of now) is shown to be in the spawn market, but the last time I was online was last night.

-When traveling to the guest world, you still show up on the map, making the map useless in other worlds.

-(related to issue above) There used to be 3 maps, one for the creative server, one for the main server, and one for the guest world on the main server. Now, it seem that all 3 maps have been merged into one.

-For some reason, the map seems to have flipped around. North is now South, and East is West, etc. My house is SouthWest from the spawn, but on the map, it is NorthEast (above and to the right) from the spawn.

Honestly, its not that big of a problem, as I don't think many people use the map anyways, but it definitely would make certain people's lives easier if you fixed the bugs and maybe increased the time it takes for the map to update. Just some thoughts about the issue.
When the new server is ready and the map is updated on there I'm sure they will fix it, and probably put guestworld, skylands, and the other worlds on there to.
One problem that I think is going to happen when the World Map updates to be bigger is that many players will try to find jungles, mushroom biomes, flat land, and any other pieces of land. Then they will make tons of pe's to get the land protected and other stuff making the Mods/Admins to work on many pe's. I do not know if this is off-topic or not but I wrote this anyways.
This might be a bit of a necro, but I was wondering if the map has any chance of getting updated anytime soon. I liked using it to see where I am and how my town looks on the map. I also use it to see if there are any interesting places nearby to view. Since it hasn't been updated, I haven't seen my town anywhere on the map or the general area of where it is. It looks like the map is from before I came on to Minetown.