Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Should jungle biome be able to be protected?
Started by [E] Spoonman

Just a friendly discussion on this topic.

I guess it comes down to how many jungles spawned on the map when it was converted. If there is only like a hand full 5-10 jungles, why should some one be allowed to control such a massive area and not allow other people to use/mine/benifit from this new part of the game.

Now i dont know how many jungles are spawned. I am just wondering it about the topic and I can see both sides. I just wanted to see what people thought.

Should people be allowed to protect a whole jungle? Or no? Or maybe a part of ?

Lets hear it!

just get saplings and get out
The map was extended from 12000 to 13500 blocks away from spawn on all sides, which should make for plenty of new chunks for people to generate and create biomes. From what I've seen, jungles are just as common as deserts or swamps-- they're everywhere.

There will seem to be a bit of a shortage until the rush dies down, since everyone wants a jungle biome right now. They are all over the place in the new chunks though, and some are quite large-- I've been through 4+ jungles, the smallest of which was 100x100, the largest was 500x500-- more than enough room for several people to make large claims. And these were in two locations, +/- 1000 blocks. There are still plenty of jungles around, people don't need to worry. And by the time the jungles *are* all claimed, we'll just expand the border some more, or by then the biome-changer will be available, and we'll just make undeveloped land into a jungle by changing the biome and regenerating the chunks.

Given this, protections should be the same as anywhere else <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Well protection rights still apply to these jungles. Like me, i own half a jungle right now, its about a 100x100 area. I have been building on it this whole time though, so i will need another region expansion soon. I have developed it enough to own it. If someone just owns a whole jungle undeveloped, thats unfair.
No protection until the jungle sapling available in the market....

if everyone protect the snow, the swamp, the jungle...so how do all player play in other place???
This is the nether fortress all over again lol. There are plenty of Jungles out there for all. They aren't hard to find so put in a little effort to find one and start building. The lazy people will complain like always that they can't find one but they are out there.
^^^^ What This Guy Said =D
I completely Agree with Slurth..

so far, just by waling ananymously away from any warp after 10-20 minutes i can find a jungle
Its like anything else, we will not protect undeveloped land, build and then youll get an area around your house.
No! Not at all! I'ts so unfair to claim an entire biome!