Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Poll: MCMMO Plugin
Started by [E] Sequel_Sentry

Fettuccini wrote:
I agree that if this plugin is going to be used, it shouldnt be in the main world. Some of the perks really are kind of unfair, or make things rediculously easy and take a lot away from what this game is supposed to be.

I think the main world is already tainted -- getting 50 xp is insanely easy (when the block break/place xp thing is active), getting food is easy (5+ cooked pork per second for free @ /warp babe), getting diamonds is easy (with 5 minutes of voting I can get over half a stack), moving around is easy (you can warp/teleport just about anywhere), not getting lost is easy (there's a map on minetown.net), not getting killed by other players is easy (/pvp off), donor perks, etc. If anything, I think it *should* be active in the main world, and there should be a separate "vanilla" minecraft world where no advantage plugins are active (advantage plugins = silk spawners, xp for breaking/placing blocks, warp/tp, most donor perks, etc).
While I do agree thatxp is too easy to get, I disagree with your other points. On a world this big warps are necessary to get around reasonably and to interact with other players. Donor perks are just that, a reward for donating that does not give rediculous advantages over other players. They are nothing more than small conveniences. Getting food easily is not an advantage over other players, anyone can buy pig spawners easily with one day of voting. And if diamonds have to be obtainable pretty easliy considering theyre the main for of currency used on the server. As for turning pvp on/off, did you ever consider that there are a lot of people who dont like pvp? Why force them to be subject to it in the main world if they dont want to when they already have to worry about in in the end/nether? All the things you mentioned have a resonable purpose. This plugin serves no purpose other than taking a step towards turning minetown into yet another stupid grindfest game, which I believe is the wrong direction to be taking the server.
To me it seems like the younger players are liking the sound of this new plugin, and the older more mature ones are hating it, because they can see how bad it will be. Just like Fett said, turning Minetown into another grindfest game. People say it wont... but it will
Fettuccini wrote:
As for turning pvp on/off, did you ever consider that there are a lot of people who dont like pvp? Why force them to be subject to it in the main world if they dont want to when they already have to worry about in in the end/nether?

Its bad enough I have to do it in the End/Nether! Your idea will make me have to pvp everywhere I go! I can't do that- your not even considering about half the people on MT! Fett speaks the truth!
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Fettuccini wrote:
As for turning pvp on/off, did you ever consider that there are a lot of people who dont like pvp? Why force them to be subject to it in the main world if they dont want to when they already have to worry about in in the end/nether?

Its bad enough I have to do it in the End/Nether! Your idea will make me have to pvp everywhere I go! I can't do that- your not even considering about half the people on MT! Fett speaks the truth!

He said a SEPARATE world.

Which brings me to the point, no one seems to be reading. If things like that were done on a SEPARATE world where items don't carry over, it only affects the people who want to be affected by it.
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Fettuccini wrote:

Which brings me to the point, no one seems to be reading. If things like that were done on a SEPARATE world where items don't carry over, it only affects the people who want to be affected by it.

I was referring to the fact that he said all those plugins give advantages over other players, which they do not with the slight exception of donator perks. Even that though doesnt really give an advantage either beyond being able to get a SMALL amount of resources for free periodically.
Fettuccini wrote:
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Fettuccini wrote:

I was referring to the fact that he said all those plugins give advantages over other players, which they do not with the slight exception of donator perks. Even that though doesnt really give an advantage either beyond being able to get a SMALL amount of resources for free periodically.

It promotes more interest in weaker aspects of the game. People are motivated to farm, woodcut, mine, and even fish in order to get new benefits to stats and a chance to get better items. It fills the economy with items that are not necessarily diamonds and convinces people to do work. Personally, when it was on the server, I found the whole aspect to it really fun and entertaining.
Actually the Minetown Team has already gone over this plugin its been a no since forever when we all suggested it awhile ago. Reasons no one ever answered just no. As for the PVP fact that i just read i think that since the fact many people do go into the End and get Screwed over because the Staff hasn't come to a full decision as to the Nether And End and making it as they put it "Law-less" Kinda of messed up and a reason why i dislike playing on here for PVP reasons (there's more reasons why but thats a different thread) I think the only reason why they made it like this is because more and more people bitched BUT this isn't the reason for this thread back to the beginning statement i made... Already tried to make this a new plugin never did due to Staff un-able to produce a reasoning towards it. Thanks for reading.
MMO PLUGIN ? HOW ABOUT A

bgK61.jpg