Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Poll: MCMMO Plugin
Started by [E] Sequel_Sentry

I'm making a new plugin thread and poll as the old one isn't going to help us with the present day voting anymore.

My opinion? I like it. I wish it could be somewhat optional, which is my issue (completely separate MMO world?), but it's not nearly as bad as most people make it out to be. The raising and lowering things only occur when you right click, so if you don't spam right click, you won't see any of the messages it gives you. The changes aren't massive, you'll just get a few extra items every now and then.

It also adds a bit of consistency in practice while allowing a variety of results. Fishing actually has a purpose now as of 1.2, and this helps people want to fish. Tools and Armor can actually be repair now if people know how to do it. Now, if you are mining dirt for 3 straight days you'll at least get something for it.

I wish everyone didn't have to use it, but personally think it adds a bit to the server.

P.S. Don't turn this into a "rage at other opinions" thread. Let's keep the discourse civilized.

~SS
IMO, I'd rather just have a world with the MMO plugin, and one without it. The purpose of Minecraft is building, not grinding up your levels and bragging about them, like some say. The MMO plugin also makes it not as fun to PVP. If your skill using swords is higher than another persons, you clearly have the advantage. There are also a few other flaws about this plugin.
SomeNinja wrote:
IMO, I'd rather just have a world with the MMO plugin, and one without it. The purpose of Minecraft is building, not grinding up your levels and bragging about them, like some say. The MMO plugin also makes it not as fun to PVP. If your skill using swords is higher than another persons, you clearly have the advantage. There are also a few other flaws about this plugin.

100% agree. I love the plugin, but I think that having a completely exclusive world for the plugin would be for the best.
Bump... The staff wants to know what you think about MCmmo
Personally, i liked it, but stuff like "tree feller" which allowed you to cut down a whole jungle tree in one hit every four minutes was kinda dumb. Stuff like that should not be used. otherwise i liked it.
I'm not a big fan of it, to be honest.
There were three main groups of people.

One group was going something like: OMFG GDFGDFGNJFGNJDFKGDF I HATE IT! KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS.

The next: It's alright, it has some cool, positive aspects to it.

The last: Not the biggest fan of it.

In all honesty, I'll still stick with that I like it, especially the fishing and repairing part, but it would be much better if one world could have it and one world did not (completely separate worlds).
Here's my 2 cents: I'm not the biggest fan of MCMMO, but I do like some of the perks it gives for a day of continuous mining, wood chopping etc. I stand for not adding this plugin to the server, as it would give players an unfair advantage in many aspects. Some notable/unfair perks include: chopping a whole tree just by destroying the bottom block (makes jungle trees a ridiculously easy source of wood) and sword perks (bleed, extra damage, critical hits, etc.). If some of the more ludicrous and unfair perks are removed, I would definitely support this plugin.

However, since I know nothing about this plugin, or about how plugins are coded, I shall stick with disagreement.

Also, the ***raising*** and ***lowering*** of your fists/sword/etc. is not exactly my favorite part of the plugin, because global chat is spammed enough as it is. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I agree that if this plugin is going to be used, it shouldnt be in the main world. Some of the perks really are kind of unfair, or make things rediculously easy and take a lot away from what this game is supposed to be.
The perks aren't really unfair, every person gets to use them.

It's more the fact that certain aspects kill parts of the game. If the effects could be toggled to not work on pvp and to remove Tree Feller (which I imagine is pretty easy) I think everyone could agree with it.