Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] About Votes
Started by [E] Hammyliu

As everyone knows that Tomcort has won the first place and/or top 3, my suggestion is that once you win top 3, you cant win the next month. I want to suggest this because I was trying so hard before to get top 3 but then Tomcort won, No offense to Tom. This made me pretty upset and also i gave up on voting. But knowing that the winners can win only ever other month then that brings more hope into everyone else to put more effort into it. I know that many people would say that having the same person win over and over will bring more effort for them, but seriously. If someone kept beating you over and over even as hard as you tried wont you just want to give up. I know many people that gave up because they couldn't win. I hope this could be put into place, because i would participate a lot more if it was.
Well, I'm not to sure who won top voter for feb, but I will go on a limb and say not me...Some people have the ability to vote both on every voting site and be on every 12 hours to vote for the few you can every 12 hours..I do not have that sort of time nor luxury.. I congrat on anyone who does win however... I will still complain about MCTop100 however...And now this German Voting site, which gives me pop ups everytime I click on it, even with my pop blockers and adblockers..

So now I have 2 sites I dont vote on.. That to me is my only disheartening problems...other then that I cant complain about voting..
Not gonna happen. People will just not vote if they win the month before, therefore less voters.
If the same people keep winning others will stop trying, therefore even less voters. If the people that won the month before doesnt vote, thats only 3 people, but if the same people keep winning, a quarter of minetown will not vote.
The top voters are exactly that: TOP VOTERS. Alienating them is getting rid of a significant amount of votes.
If the same people keep on winning top voter, this will encourage our current voters to vote much more often. Pretty much everyone just votes for the credits, and some of them vote to get the reward for being top voter.
Didnt really encourage me to vote anymore because the same person wins over and over again. i understand what you mean but when the same person wins over and over again, they are likely to win again. So what is the point of trying to vote and try to win when the same person as at the top the whole time?
SomeNinja wrote:

If the same people keep on winning top voter, this will encourage our current voters to vote much more often. Pretty much everyone just votes for the credits, and some of them vote to get the reward for being top voter.

That's only one half of the equation. The human mind works both ways... it could also encourage those to not vote, if the same people keep winning. It depends on their current psychological state. Those who are more depressed than happy (even subconsciously) are more probably to be discouraged to vote as often.
There are several things that I think should be considered...

1) Voting takes about 5 minutes per day. In a 30 day month that's about an hour's worth of work, and you end up with about $30,000+ credits. Even if you don't get top voter, you still win because you have $30k credits which is enough to get over 2 stacks of diamond blocks. What other (legal) method is there in the game that can guarantee you make 128+ dblocks per month for an hour of work each month? There is no reason not to vote at every opportunity; even if you can't win top voter you'll still make a boat load of dough.

2) There have been multi-win top voters in the past who have been beaten. Baneman won 4 months in a row until I started voting. Someone else could surpass me. It isn't rocket science; no skill is required to beat the players at the top, just persistence and timing.

3) If you have a perfect voting month (vote on every site at every possible opportunity), you are guaranteed to be top voter or tie with someone equally as dedicated. No one can exceed the maximum possible vote amount; if you achieve that amount, you are #1.
Tomcort..The problem isnt NOT voting everyday, The problem is NOT BEING ABLE to vote on all the sites everyday..As long as tehre is 1 peros nwh ocan every day vote without a problem, the ones like me will NEVER have a shot...Ive personally decided I dont really care anymore...With me not being able to vote on atkeast that 1 website..Now I just worry about gaining the credits...