Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Ban Ban....what to do next?
Started by [E] simworld

Well make a forum thread with the list of players and send the link to mods that would be able to deal with it.. sorted.
Hey i know this griefer on this server... he griefed my server and he will grief yours... His username is Sailor12 he also told me that he took lots of properties on this server... he told me that... if i were u ban him!
im sorry to hear if something like that happened to you, but the staff of Minetown dont ban people for wrong doings of other servers, only if they do something on Minetown and not without full evidence against them. if Sailer12 does do something, the staff will catch him and do what they feel will be a suitable punishment.
simworld wrote:
Ok ok...that's a thread talking about "too easy to be banned"....ok...now I would like to discuss about what to do next??

Ban is an issue..and quite a number of member been ban permanently. Any way, I wondering anyway in the server or forum that we can check the "permanently banned list"????

Permanent ban is an issue, another issue is those member who has been banned, has left over their town, their house, their protected land in the server, and really it's quite annoying sometime......I hope that some of it can claim by serious player. Some even those shop being left over after ban.

That would made MT better and nicer if we can check the BANNED NAME LIST. So probably I can apply for claiming some property to further develop into a nicer and prettier asset in MT.

I would like to add that a few mods and several members have said that Bans are NOT an issue (on the said thread that you mentioned, so please don't manipulate/bend words to your desire), it's part of the server. Would you want dupers on our server, screwing with our economy?

And if I may add my opinion about the list: If you do this, you'd then have to list if their property has been claimed or not, otherwise people will say "I want this person's property." You might not even know that person at all, or have any structure near them, just asking for their property.

I do like the idea, don't get me wrong. Perhaps if I may give my take on it? If someone is banned, and a mod knows their home/city (there should be some logs somewhere about protections belonging to them, so they can just see where on the map they are), they can then inform a city owner that the person was banned. I don't know if this is a better take on the idea? Although, it would mean more work for mods/admins, and I don't wish to overwork them.
I think that if a player has a house in someone's town and they are banned, the owner of the town is allowed to take down the house and sell the land so they don't just have a bunch of unused houses. Also we need to decide what to do with the player's stuff, would the town owner have rights to their belongings or would they just be burned in lava?
♨craftermaster♨ wrote:
I think that if a player has a house in someone's town and they are banned, the owner of the town is allowed to take down the house and sell the land so they don't just have a bunch of unused houses. Also we need to decide what to do with the player's stuff, would the town owner have rights to their belongings or would they just be burned in lava?

There's a sticky topic which covers reclaiming plots of inactive players, which includes perma-banned players.