Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Ban Ban....what to do next?
Started by [E] simworld

with stats like that, who needs a ban list - i say ban em all! and sort the rest out later...lol

this ban thing seems to be a hot topic - leave it at this, the mods know what they are doing. sometimes people get banned wrongfully and if they make an appeal and go about it appropriately they will be unbanned. if the owner of your town has been banned, make a pe asking for control if you can handle it. you have to keep in mind that there were probably co-owners who did not get banned so rightfully they might gain control if wanted. Its not as black and white as just claiming one persons land if its a town. if its a shop, there is probably a list of people who want to take it...maybe a ban auction like an IRL police auction could be in order...who knows...just relax IMO it will sort out
Yield wrote:
For the record, the current ban log has 4,013 entries. And this just goes back to mid December.

Work and progress.
This has been brought up before several times and shot down every time. Sorry, but this will not happen for the simple reason "extraordinary amount of work"!

Keep the ideas rolling though!
Yield wrote:
For the record, the current ban log has 4,013 entries. And this just goes back to mid December.

This must make the people that still play in MT feel very special haha <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Yield wrote:

This includes a few hundred people from that December DDOS attack (or rather a few hundred user id's that were involved in the DDOS, as well as another ddos that happened in January). In no way does this number reflect MEMBERS banned. Many of these people were guests at the time, as well. I'd estimate only about 300-500 of that number were actually members at the time they were banned.
dunsjohn wrote:
Yield wrote:

This includes a few hundred people from that December DDOS attack (or rather a few hundred user id's that were involved in the DDOS, as well as another ddos that happened in January). In no way does this number reflect MEMBERS banned. Many of these people were guests at the time, as well. I'd estimate only about 300-500 of that number were actually members at the time they were banned.

Still a lot. Too many to put on a list, anyway.
Yield wrote:

This concerns me.
TOE wrote:
dunsjohn wrote:
Yield wrote:

Still a lot. Too many to put on a list, anyway.

Considering the size of our member base... this is only a fraction. As well... it's not the mods' fault that they were idiots and got themselves banned. I just saw a ban appeal in which the person banned blamed the person for not having their wall protected... that person being a mod, the one who temp banned him. However, due to the immaturity and continuous blaming from the person making the appeal, the mod made it permanent. I read every ban appeal I see, honestly. Not once do I see a ban uncalled for or not deserved. They give second chances where it is logical, they permanent ban when it is logical to do.
*Stand at house/region*

/pe open Could you check if _____ has been perma banned or inactive? I would like to claim this. Thanks

Sorted.
lol Danni I would do that but my town is just too large... I don't wanna make 100 PEs <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> lol