Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Ban Ban....what to do next?
Started by [E] simworld

Ok ok...that's a thread talking about "too easy to be banned"....ok...now I would like to discuss about what to do next??

Ban is an issue..and quite a number of member been ban permanently. Any way, I wondering anyway in the server or forum that we can check the "permanently banned list"????

Permanent ban is an issue, another issue is those member who has been banned, has left over their town, their house, their protected land in the server, and really it's quite annoying sometime......I hope that some of it can claim by serious player. Some even those shop being left over after ban.

That would made MT better and nicer if we can check the BANNED NAME LIST. So probably I can apply for claiming some property to further develop into a nicer and prettier asset in MT.
I run into this issue quite often with my town
same here..that make me bring up this issue...
You have a good point and I have often thought it might be nice to know who has been banned (and why they were banned), however even a permanent band does not mean the user will not be back. I know of one user that was permabanned for theft and griefing and was on the server two days later. This person lost their ban appeal in the forum yet is still active on Minetown.
Having a list of banned members would be too hard to maintain. It'd be updated frequently, and include those banned who were guests trying to DDOS the server. The list would be pretty long, I'd imagine. That being said, banning is NOT an issue. You break the rules, you get banned. Simple. Read the rules, follow them, and have a long time of enjoyment on the server. It's simple and logical. If you think someone in your town was banned and you want their protection removed, place a /pe in about it at the protection area. The mods will take down the protection, and destroy all chests (as well as items in the chests). It's simple, no use in saying "Hey everyone, here's all the idiots who got banned." If you were banned, would you want your name displayed? In a way, it's an invasion of privacy. In another way, it's pointless. Again, it's easy to tell who is banned without a list. Look at activity (as well, you should be adding everyone in your town on your forum friend list so you can keep track of them, to see if they make a ban appeal... at least, that's what I would do and that is what I do currently. I've had one property protection and chests removed because I've been able to keep track myself. It's quite easy).
CyberDrifter wrote:
You have a good point and I have often thought it might be nice to know who has been banned (and why they were banned), however even a permanent band does not mean the user will not be back. I know of one user that was permabanned for theft and griefing and was on the server two days later. This person lost their ban appeal in the forum yet is still active on Minetown.

that's something to do with the mod/admin..lol

show of reason why ban i think also a good idea...so everyone will aware of it
This has come up a few times, I believe it was decided that the temp banned people would show up on this list, making it unreliable as a list of users who's stuff we could take and maintaining the list since there was some possible issues with making the banned users text file publicly viewable. Some other reasons too, just can't recall the whole thread.

By and large, if you see something that's empty, you could do some research yourself on the forum to see if they made a ban appeal and whatnot.
While a minority may disagree with this server's ban-hammer history, what purpose would it serve dragging up the archives?

People got banned. Your point is?
For the record, the current ban log has 4,013 entries. And this just goes back to mid December.
<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object> <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object> wow so many bans