Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Integrated Circuit/False Book
Started by [E] YetiGT

So Rabidcrab and I where trying to make a simple circut to save on space using this mod found HERE and we where wondering if there was some sort of permissions required to be able to use it or if the mod is just disabled completely for normal users, since we can do the same operations with just redstone but this mod would make it much easier as well as less stress on the server, any help would be appreciated. for the record we where just trying to use a DELAYER but even a simple NOT returned a message that it was restricted.
You should have access to most ICs, I think. Some are disabled for regular members, though. What ICs are you trying to use?
put a sign on top of a lever and put on the second line then a block in front of the sign then right clicking said block will flip the lever

its pretty buck like a Block Update Detector or BUD switch
Hunter, I think you just broke my retard filter XD. I get the restricted message as well on most of the ICs. The only ones I've gotten to work were the hidden switch, lift and bridge.
A lot of IC "signs" have been blocked to admin us only. The reason I know this is from expericce trying to setup the same thing. A few of your basic commands are availble but some of the other commands are blocked because the can be abused and cause the server great lag and other issues. If you have a IC that you think you REALLY REALLY need you can always make a PE for an ADMIN and discuss it with them and if they see the need for you to have one they'll put it in for you.

I hope this answers some of your questions

Youfoundme
Things like the delayer, NOT, NAND, XOR, NOR, OR, and even clocks can already be made using redstone, fakebook just makes it easier. I've made a 5 bit counter before, but the overhead for the server gets substantially larger for each operation done. The basic gates would reduce lag in every instance, as those who don't know how to make the gates in redstone will likely not use the fakebook sign gates.

I've made a DELAYER and NOT DELAYER, but it is currently using 3 repeaters, 8 redstone, and 2 redstone torches to operate. If the gates were enabled, I'd replace all of that with 1 sign.

I'm going to be building a 6 bit counter, which is going to take about a 20x25 area full of redstone and torches. It will tick slowly, but it'd be nice if I could just utilize 4 signs for the whole thing instead of making the massive beast.