Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I have returned, what has changed?
Started by [E] Arz0n [1]

Hello. I played this server back a long time ago, I had diamond tools, diamond swords, 2 houses (The city they were in are probably gone) I even remember first signing up for this server lol.

What has changed? New map? Minecraft doesn't even seem the same as it did before haha. I assuume everyone I met before is gone ):
I'm guessing it's been nearly three years since you've been on, so assuming that's correct, quite a bit! Among Minecraft's changes itself, we've begun a new map (around 2 years ago), which is called Agharta. You can still visit the old server by doing /server classic in-game, but be aware that it's not used to play anymore, and has no activity aside from a returning veteran from time to time to relive the past.

Much has changed, players and staff both have come and gone, the community mostly resides in-game with little forum activity, and the general age group is lowered to 10-15 years of age (which is a characteristic of Minecraft itself) to name the major differences. The good thing is that the community still lives on, there are still a few veteran staff like Irethena and myself (to some extent), and it's still a good place to spend your time.
And me, I'm like a super veteran.
TMgPjNJ.png

too bad this guys shit at baseball

i cant even craft a game badge with this

ok8qfn6.png

this guy tho
hahaha
@803951 wrote:
And me, I'm like a super veteran.

Look at you, cool kid <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Holy Shiz, this is just... Went on /server classic and literally pissed myself with nostalgia. I used to be admin (I think) before the change. Just a few questions:

Why did you change map? (It was going so well )':

What happened to everyone? (Theres like 3 players)

I loved this server, but now, its just, sh*t. I'm not trying to make you feel bad but I really don't like how its changed. I know I'm one in a crowd of many but I'd just like to voice that.

Happy mining!
The map was changed (at least from what everyone is willing to tell) Due to corrupt chunks and the map just being...used and abused. The market was pretty much screwed.

Minetown is experiencing a decrease in popularity most likely due to a few major things. Events aren't being held like they used to be, it is pretty much -strictly- survival in the fact that there is/are no events being run and most of the aspects that put the main map apart from any other vanilla game of minecraft seem to be lacking.

You are in fact on in a crowd of bazillion, I myself up until recently spent a good deal of time on Minetown. All of the players that I have spoken with, in the past 6 months or so have pretty much said the same thing, being summed up into this general statement "Minetown is dying because nothing is happening". We're not keeping things up and going, fresh and exciting where we should be focusing. We're a survival server, Minetown has always been about community, building and whatnot but the main focuses as of late have been Skyblock server and a new creative server.

Voting is also broken, which means no one is voting and our place on websites that people use to find servers to play on is dropping. With Minecraft not being the "New exciting game" it was four years ago the server needs to be more driven in order to bring in more players.

....but this is all common sense, stuff anyone above the age of 18 should easily realize. While not as serious as running your own business via online, a Minecraft server in essence is a product you are attempting to sell to players. If you don't listen to the players...you lose them.

((Disclaimer: This is not an attack, merely a accumulation of thoughts that have been shared with me since my withdrawal from staff and activity on minetown.))
@1215969 wrote:
"Minetown is dying because nothing is happening". We're not keeping things up and going, fresh and exciting where we should be focusing.

This is very true, and another factor of this problem is that most of the people who would be able to help doing stuff like this, have gotten largely bored with Minecraft (I'm very guilty of this), and there is only so much you can revamp something to seem "fresh and exciting" before you run out of ideas. Sadly, this is the place Minetown has gotten to. It's not dead, there's still quite a few active players on at peak times, but it's definitely not what it was three, two, or even a year ago. I haven't been "active" per se in a good six months, which saddens me, but there's only so much you can do with a game before you become bored with repetition.
What Jared said is basically what happened to me. I'm bored of Minecraft, this server, (no offense) is not like it was and is now boring. I liked the events, I loved how many players there were. I miss all that. Minecraft has just become to boring and repetitive for me. Mods can make it fun but that gets boring too. (It doesn't help that most of my friends don't even play it anymore)