Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A question of semantics on griefing
Started by [E] CyberDrifter

I do not wish to start a flame war but maybe a discussion.

As some know I have some mob traps with public warps for use which I intended for use of the Minetown public.

Some are in protected areas some are not.

As an example /SkeleSpawn and /ArachnidSpawn are protected, /CaveSpiders and /CyberShroom are not. Some of the issues as I see them are undoubtedly due to my ignorance of the plugin system functionality.

For Instance /SkelesSpawn has 4 or 5 skeleton spawners and a system to move them away after they spawn for easy killing or harvesting of mats (arrows, bones). In this area I have several chest in which I put with the intent of allowing public access of stored materials. It is my understanding that since this area is protected those chests (only the chests not locked with /cprivate) are not able to be opened by anyone else. I guess I could make the a duckshop with a price of free but that is not what I wanted.

Warp CaveSpiders on the other hand has no protection ( and one of the spawners was taken), while this area is does not yet have the mechanism to get the spiders away from the spawners (just a way to turn them off and on with lights and a doors). I still want people to be able to get mats from them and not feel like they are poaching.

I have zombie spawn trap with no warp yet and have a efficient cooked pork machine (or will when the world runs on MC 1.2) which I would like to allow public use.

My intent starting this post was to ask the question: Can flipping a switch or opening a chest be considered griefing?

As I composed this post it warped into more of a what do you recommend, protect or leave unprotected areas you intend for public use.

Thank you for your time,

~CyberDrifter